Chapter 11- The Perfect Bride

--Giovanni POV--

"What's the company got to do with anything?" She curiously asked as I huffed, trying to calm down my erratic heartbeat. Thoughts of her getting hurt because of me were bad enough as it was, but to see her push me out of the way to dodge a swinging knife was something I could never be prepared for.

I almost prayed to a God I didn't believe in for goodness' sake.

Why the hell did this woman have to be so energetic? Why couldn't she just sit still reading books instead of climbing trees, and dodging knives?

"There should always be a security guard on shift, that moment where the shifts were changing led to this situation with you having to dodge that goon. Furthermore, someone this suspicious shouldn't be allowed to walk around company property without confirming their ID," I gestured to the unconscious man that was being watched over by the two security guards as we waited for the police to get here.

One good thing that came out of this whole debacle was my awareness of how these things managed to slip passed my knowledge. Because now that I knew, I wouldn't let it pass.

"Do you know that man?" She asked.

"No. Why would I have anything to do with that kind of person?" I scoffed, glaring at the said man. Just wait till he gains consciousness; he'll be the one praying to God this time.

"Then why would he randomly try to assassinate you in the middle of the day? You look like a man that has many enemies, so I wouldn't be surprised. Did you do something to him?" She asked, eyeing me up and down, and suddenly, I felt like I was the perpetrator instead of him.

"I have never seen this man in my life," I honestly said, glaring at her as she hummed.

"Then why would he-" She cut herself off as a resonating sound echoed around the area, silencing each and every one of us.

And that was a sound that every human would recognise. A gunshot.

"There's another one! Catch him!" Both the security guards ran to catch the man that shot the bullet from behind a large bush across the car park, and I watched after them as confusion ran over me, wondering what the hell was going on.

"Aurora." I called, going to the woman as she fell to her knees on the ground.

"Aurora!" I shouted, more urgently this time as she hissed, face squeezed shut in pain, teeth biting down on her lower lip, and a few stray tears leaking passed her eyes.

She was shot.

"Someone call an ambulance!" I shouted for someone inside the building to hear before turning back to the woman who was supposed to be my future wife, and kneeled beside her, taking my own phone out as I went to call the emergency number.

But she pulled her hand out, stopping me from doing so.

"What are you-"

"It's not a proper bullet," She explained before I could start shouting at her.

"What?" I breathed out, suddenly feeling the chill from the cold sweat I broke out in a second ago start to run down my spine.

"It's not a real bullet. Look, it's just a rubber pellet," She picked up the rubber from the ground, showing it to me before throwing it away without a second thought.

"But... You're crying..." I mumbled, thumbs wiping away the tears that trailed down her cheeks as if to tell myself that I wasn't hallucinating.

"It still hurts though. It's just not enough for me to have to go to the hospital," She said, rolling up her trousers as I looked at her leg, the specific area where she got hit was red from the hit, and the force of the hit ripped her skin as some blood trickled down.