Chapter 30- A Man on Fire

--Giovanni POV--

"What's your type?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"Don't play coy. Your type in women, what do you find attractive in a woman?" My eye couldn't help but twitch at the question. Is it not already obvious?

"It's only right for you to answer first," I said as she hummed, agreeing with me.

"I already told you my type of men at the wedding though,"

"I don't remember," I lied.

"Okay, I'll tell you, but you better remember this time, I hate having to repeat myself," A quality I shared with her.

"Someone taller than me, with broad shoulders and a chest, light hair, smiles a lot, a romantic that loves going on dates or hanging out with me at any time, isn't allergic to a lot of stuff so we can indulge in as much food as we want, and-"

"-Alright, I get it, that's enough," I cut her off with a scoff. It started off so well, until she mentioned the light hair, and then it only went downhill, someone would think that she's purposefully naming opposite features to mine.

"Your turn then," She pushed with a grin.

"Cuter rather than sexy, taller, preferably 5 ft 6, blue eyes, dirty blonde hair, has a princess aesthetic, likes flowers, knows self-defence..." My words drifted off when I felt her glare, and my eyes ran over her body as an amused smirk found its way onto my lip.

"Has an athletic figure with wide hips, loves to wear bowties in her hair, has cute chubby cheeks, loves the amusement park-"

"-Will you stop it!?" She whisper-shouted, slapping my shoulder as I chuckled, grabbing her hand as she glared at me, a light blush tinting her cheeks.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"Yes, you're not answering my question properly, you-"

"But I did," I said.

"Really now?" She wasn't buying it.

"You are my type," I smirked as her blush deepened only for a moment before she waved it away, continuing in walking down the path in the park, and I fell into step with her, a calm silence comforting us along with the wind that brushed by.

"I just can't understand, Giovanni. I'm not like the usual women you sleep with; While I may be pretty, it's not their kind of pretty, like Anara. She's tall, and slender with sharp features, she knows what she wants and she goes for it. I'm not like that," She wasn't speaking with malice, not putting herself nor anyone else down, and I respected that just as much as I loved it, she was curious, and she was politely voicing that curiosity.

It only strengthened what I felt for her. I wish she could see that.

"Maybe that's why it didn't work out with them. Yes, Anara is pretty, but she's nothing like you. I can have a taste, but that taste came out of what I usually saw; You are not that. You came out of nowhere like a sudden ray of light, and made me realise just what my type is; You. I'm not saying it to make you happy, I speak with genuine truth. I have never been attracted to a woman as I am with you, and that's why I'm not asking for a one-night-stand, I want more than that with you," I honestly answered as she spared me a glance.

"If you say so, I won't say anything against it," She said just as a familiar sight caught my eyes, a reminiscent smile crawling onto my face at the memory.

"What are you suddenly grinning about?"

"I'm not grinning, and it's a fond memory... Would you like some ice-cream?" I asked, approaching the familiar truck where a few people were hanging around, trying to decide what ice cream they wanted.