Chapter 40- A New Chapter

--Giovanni POV--

"Will you marry me, my love?"

I barely managed to get the words out over the loud thumping of my heart. I've been waiting for this day for longer than I can think to remember, playing the moment over and over again in my head, thinking up the craziest stories so as to prevent any heartbreak on my side, but I knew it was nothing but my nerves speaking when she assured me by jumping into my arms split seconds after I asked the question.

Her arms wrapped tightly around my neck, her face berrying itself in the crook while I felt a few tears spring to life, soaking my shirt.

"Are these happy tears or sad?" I chuckled out, hand going to stroke up and down her spine.

"What do you think?" She sniffled.

"Then, should I take the answer as a yes or a no?"

"It's yes, of course. You silly man, did you even have to ask?" She sobbed out but I didn't miss the cracks of laughter that slipped through the tears, it only had me smiling wider.

"Well, are you going to at least look at the ring?" I felt her shaking her head, arms tightening around me while I went to do the same, pausing with stroking her back.

"I don't care about that," She mumbled out.

"Even though I spent hours looking for the perfect one?" I had to stifle my laughs with her retorts as well as her reactions, wondering how many women in this world reacted like this to getting proposed.

She finally pulled away after hearing that, sniffling as she wiped her tears away, and finally went to get a proper look at the diamond ring I picked out for her with the help of my parents. After much procrastination, I went with buying a small, cushioned diamond ring surrounded by smaller crystals, a modern yet glamourous style.

"What do you think?" I asked, slipping the ring onto her finger as she observed it with teary eyes, nodding her head in answer before moving forward to catch my lips, something I didn't realise I'd been waiting for.

"I love it," She finally released a proper laugh, and at the sound of that, my hands found their way back to her, grabbing her by the neck as I pulled her down for another kiss, her soft, full lips feeling so perfect against mine, I could never get enough of them, of her.

As I kissed her there under the lantern lit street, the sun setting behind us with fireworks lighting up the sky in a perfect art piece, my heart never felt so full of life before.

"I promise to make you happy, Aurora," I whispered out.

"I know you will." She laughed, jumping back into my arms to hug me, and I hugged back just as, if not, tighter, one hand wrapped around her waist, the other protectively resting on her head as my head rested against hers, her usual sweet scent intoxicating me like a drug.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you." She whispered back.

And half an hour later as we walked back down the festive streets towards her waiting sports car which she loved so much; We spoke of our future together. Of where we would live, of how we would always make time for each other no matter how busy we got, of how many children we want, and how we'd grow old together till death do us part.

"How did you get my ring size though?" She curiously asked at some point.

"Petra told me," I replied.

"Petra knew about this?" She squeaked.

"Everyone knew about it. Everyone but you,"

"Oh my, really?" I nodded, and she hummed, falling into thought for a bit until a large grin crept on her face, and her arm which was wrapped around mine, tightened before she went to rest her head on my shoulder, a content sigh parting passed her lips.