Chapter 12- A Blind Date

--Aurora POV--

"What do you think of this one?" I asked, twirling around in the dress I was currently trying on.

"Too simple, maybe something with a little more sparkle?" Petra suggested as she lounged on the couch, judging all the outfits I tried on.

"You said about the last one,"

We were shopping to find a dress to wear on my blind date tomorrow, but we've been shopping for over a few hours, and still haven't found anything. I knew I was picky when it came to fashion, but this is on another level, even I'm getting annoyed at myself. And it didn't help that my best friend was just as, if not more, picky than me.

But she's the perfect friend to bring shopping. As a mother to a lively child, she has an ungodly amount of patience and endurance. I could drag her around the whole mall for a full day, and she'd thank me for the day off from parenting.

"Did I? I've seen so many dresses today, I'm getting dizzy," Laughing at her, I rolled my eyes, going back to the rack of clothes that were stood near me, and began shuffling through them in hopes of finding something that catches my eye.

"I want to impress him, but I can't go too over the top, or he'll run away when he sees me in my usual attire. Something simple, with minimal jewellery and make-up, and I'll buy a matching bow to go with the outfit to wear in my hair, what do you think?" I spoke as I picked out a green dress before putting it back on the rack, and turned to look at Petra to see her dozing off.

"Should we call it a day? I'll just wear one of my other dresses," She jumped awake after hearing my words, glaring at me as she shook her head.

"No, you can't do that! This man might be your future husband! We need to make a good impression," She explained as I sighed, giving her a look that told her I was just as tired as she was right now.

"We're tired. And I've got nice dresses at home so I can-"

"-I don't want to hear it. We'll find something, I can feel it in my blood," She stood up with a determined look on her face, and came forward as she shoved me out of the way, going to find a dress herself because, apparently, I wasn't doing a good enough job.

"What about this one?" She pulled out a deep red dress with a low back.

"I already tried that. You said it was too bold for a first date," I reminded as she hummed, nodding in remembrance before putting it back on the rack.

"What about this one?"

"You said I looked like a Victorian housewife,"

"Yeah, I see that now," She hummed, putting it back before pulling out yet another one.

"This one?"

"I looked like a salmon fish," I reminded.

"Specifically, salmon?"

"Yes. Specifically, salmon," I confirmed.

"You know, maybe you're right? You have lots of pretty clothes at home, I'm sure we'll find something in that massive closet of yours," I hummed, fighting back a smile as she exasperatedly gave up, shoving the dress back onto the rack before going to pick up her purse.

But just as we were about to leave, something miraculously caught my eye.

"Wait a minute, Petra," I called, going over to the rack in the distance as I picked out the specific dress, feeling a small smile creep onto my lips at the sight.

"Wow. I guess we were at the wrong side of the store this whole time," She sighed as she came to stand beside me.

"You know, I've got the perfect pair of sandals that would go with this dress," I stated, feeling the soft material of the floral dress.