10. Spider's Web

The cool autumn air nipped at your cheeks as it poured in through the cracked window. You squinted your eyes as you tried to open them, the sunlight momentarily blinding you. Eren's phone was ringing for the third time this morning but he was sound asleep. He looked peaceful and you were thankful he was resting. He really needed it.

You frowned at the bruising around his eye and even more when you noticed the faint marks on his neck from Zeke. Motherfucker.

Reaching across Eren and grabbing his phone off of the nightstand you quickly silenced it, looking at the number. It wasn't in his contacts but you felt like it could be important so you quickly got up, pulling the covers over Eren gently before scurrying out of the room and closing the door.

"Hello?" You answered the call, your voice still groggy.

"Hi, yes. I'm looking for Eren Yeager?" The man's voice asked.

"Who's calling?"

"My name is Erwin Smith, I run Paradis Gym here in the city and would like to recruit him. My scout saw his fight last night and we want him on our team."

Your eyes widened, covering your mouth to contain your excitement.

"Oh, of course! I will let him know. Thank you." You quickly responded, unsure of what else to even say.

"Terrific. I look forward to hearing from him. Oh and tell him we will offer him a handsome sign-on bonus of fifteen-thousand dollars, dear."

"O-of course, Mr. Smith. I will let him know right away and he'll be in touch."

You ended the phone call and silently jumped up and down with excitement. The other missed calls from this morning must've been other gyms trying to recruit him and the thought of that in itself was exhilarating. He was going to make it to the top in no time at all.

Making your way to the kitchen in hopes Jean was up, you smiled when you saw him and Connie sitting at the kitchen table having coffee.

"Morning, boys."

"Morning, pretty lady." Connie sang back, Jean just laughing. "Want a cup?" He offered to you as he got up.

"No thanks, I'll make some tea." You responded with a wave of your hand, placing Eren's phone on the charger for him as you filled the kettle at the sink.

"Gyms have been calling him all morning." You announced to the boys, Connie's eyes widening.

"What? That's awesome! He'll be so hyped to hear that." Jean said excitedly, his eyes drifting away as he reminisced on what unfolded last night. You looked away too, a frown spreading across your face. The hangover must've made your memory foggy as to just how bad it really was.

"Wait, what's wrong? Something happen?" Connie asked, scratching his head in confusion. Jean nodded and filled him in as you continued to make your tea, Jean's voice hushing as Eren shuffled into the kitchen.

"Hey! It's the big champion!" Connie yelled, jumping out of his seat and jumping up on Eren to put him in a playful headlock. Eren coughed at the pressure on his throat and it made you drop your mug on the floor, cursing under your breath. "Connie, stop!" You yelled, knitting your brows at Eren's pained expression.

"Shit, sorry. Sorry. I forgot." He apologized as he quickly backed off and patted Eren's shoulder. Eren coughed again before quickly spinning around and picking Connie up, throwing him over his shoulder before slamming him down onto the couch as Connie screamed like a girl.

"Knockout!" Jean bellowed, cupping his hands around his mouth like a megaphone before getting up to help you clean the shattered mug off the floor. You both laughed as Connie continued to scream for his life on the couch as a much larger Eren continued to pin and wrestle him.