12. Consume

*WARNING: This chapter contains assault/graphic violence. Please proceed with caution or do not read if that will be triggering/overly upsetting.

You woke up the next morning to your alarm blaring.

"Ugh, I totally forgot there's a huge book signing at the store today for those weird fairy-porn books." You groaned as you rolled over in bed. Eren wasn't there and it took you a second to realize, quickly sitting up and looking around the room. All of the drawers in the dresser were pulled out and messy, clothes hanging out of them.

"What the fuck.." You mumbled to yourself as Eren came back into the bedroom. "Are you okay?"

He just glared at you, dark bags forming under his tired eyes as he looked through his massive closet. There were hangers and clothes falling everywhere as he rummaged through everything.

"Babe, did you sleep last night?" You asked as you crawled out of bed and walked up behind him. You placed a hand on his shoulder and he flinched as if you had snuck up on him.

"No, not really. Something came up." Eren mumbled, stopping his search and rubbing his temples as he closed his eyes.

"Uh, what's going on?" You asked, confused as to what he was looking for.

"I can't really talk about it right now. I need to go meet up with Zeke." He said shortly.

You scoffed. "Zeke? Really?"

Eren stood up quickly and put his hands on your shoulders, gently moving you out of his way as he moved to look in his nightside table next.

"Eren. You need to talk to me." You protested, crossing your arms over your chest. "What are you looking for?"

He ignored you, pushing a stray hair out of his face when he found a box in the drawer. He quickly opened it and pulled out a key that was on a long cord and slipped it around his neck before standing up and pulling on his winter jacket.

"Hey! You don't get to just act like I'm not here. Tell me what the fuck is going on." You raised your voice slightly and saw his face grow cold.

"I said don't fucking worry about it. Just go to your stupid job. I'll be home later." He said with an attitude as he sat on the bed and pulled his shoes on.

You stood there in disbelief. This wasn't the same Eren that held you and took care of you last night. As you were about to say something his phone went off and he quickly looked at it, his eyes narrowing at the message he read. You just watched him for a moment as you saw him debate on answering, his knuckles white from the grip on his phone. Something was very wrong.

"Eren, I don't understand why you're being so weird right now.." You tried to ask more calmly.

"I don't understand why you insist that I need to talk to you about it. It doesn't concern you." He snapped back, standing up from the bed and looking down at you.

"Where is this coming from?" You were shocked at his tone. He's never spoken to you like this before.

"I can't deal with this shit right now." He shook his head and tried to walk past you but you stood in front of him.

"Eren, please talk to me." You pleaded, worried that he was going to do something stupid with Zeke. "Zeke is nothing but trouble."

"You don't even fucking know him." He spat, becoming more angry. "He's not anymore trouble then that psychotic fuck that you can't seem to get over."

Your jaw dropped, words not even forming in your head to respond to that. There's no way he could think that you actually aren't over Reiner.

"You're being a fucking dick." You argued back, tears welling in your eyes at the overwhelming wave of anxiety washing over you. You hated arguing with him. Hated that he was being so mean and shutting you out instead of coming to you about whatever was going on.