23. Willful *

The weeks leading up to your trial with Reiner seemed to have morphed together. It was hard to keep track of which day it was as you tried to keep yourself as busy as possible to avoid thinking about what you needed to do. Who you needed to face.

Eren was doing everything in his power to prove to you that he wanted your trust back. He tried staying on the couch for the first few nights to give you your space, but after having to run into the bedroom three nights in a row to comfort you from your night terrors, you insisted that he stay in your room again. Even if he wasn't physically holding you in bed, just his presence alone was enough to give you a blanket of security throughout the night.

His wrists were healing up nicely and he was spending a lot of time at the gym and with his friends. Mr. Smith had offered him a leave of absence, but Eren decided he would rather keep busy with training and coaching to keep himself focused. You two were similar in the way that you couldn't be still for long, otherwise the intrusive thoughts became too loud. Mikasa and Armin came over for dinner almost every weekend too which was nice. Things didn't feel awkward between you and Mikasa anymore, thankfully.

***

It was the night before your trial and there were dinner reservations at a fancy steakhouse in the heart of the city where you, Eren, his attorney you were using, and Zeke were all going to meet. Your stomach was twisting with anxiety over what you were going to have to face in the morning but Eren reassured you that this would be the last time you ever needed to see Reiner. He swore to you that nothing would happen to you and that this would be his burial. You prayed he was right.

You picked out a casual but nice outfit for dinner as Eren showered before getting ready. With your clothes laid out on the bed you sat at the edge, mindlessly picking at your cuticles until they bled. Eren's hands were suddenly on yours and you looked up, his long hair dripping beads of water onto his smooth muscular chest, his towel loosely wrapped around his waist. You didn't even hear him get out of the shower as your mind was somewhere else entirely.

"Stop that." He said softly, running his calloused fingertips over the tops of yours and you nodded.

Eren leaned down and pressed a kiss to your forehead as your arms reached up for him to come closer. He obeyed and his hands found your face, cupping your jawline gently with his fingertips nestled in your hair as he brought your lips to his. He kissed you softly, mint and the hint of a cigarette on his breath as you kissed him back.

Your hands snaked down his torso to his waistline, playing with the edge of his towel as he playfully bit at your lip. You smiled into his lips as your mind finally began to quiet down, only thinking of Eren and the two of you in your room where you were safe. This was a much needed distraction.

A slight tug at his towel and it fell to the floor just like you wanted as you took his already hardened length into your hand and broke away from his kiss. Your lips pressed against the tip before indulging on his length, a hiss coming from his lips as his hand gripped your hair.

You bobbed your head back and for for a while before you let his length hit the back of your throat. While gagging and pulling him out of your mouth to catch your breath, a ribbon of drool connectedyour lips to him. Tears stung your eyes as you licked the slick spit off his length and he put his thumb on your chin to make you look up at him.

"You're so beautiful." He said softly and you felt your cheeks blush, a swirl of excitement in your belly.

He swiftly stepped back before helping you pull your clothes off and tossing them onto the floor. Within seconds you were on your side, Eren on his side behind you as he propped himself on his elbow and used his other hand to knead at your tits while he kissed your neck. You craned your head to the side to give him better access as you felt him adjust behind you, his lips still adorning your neck as he slowly pushed his length into you.