11. Here & Now *

"What the fuck are you doing here?" You managed to spit out, trying to let your anger overcome your fear. The last time you saw Reiner, he broke your collarbone and put you into the hospital. This couldn't be happening.

"I heard you're trying to move on. You know I can't let that happen, baby." He cooed, his thumb tilting your chin up to look at him.

You slapped his hand away, reaching around him to press the 'open door' button when he shoved you back into the wall. He was so strong that just a push with one hand sent you flying into the metal hand rail of the elevator and you winced at the pain in your back. Before you could say anything, his hand collided with your cheek in a hard slap and the force caused a small split in your lower lip. "Fuck!" You hissed, pulling your hand up to your lip and seeing a droplet of blood wiped onto your finger.

"I did move on. And don't fucking touch me." Your voice was trembling but you weren't going to back down. You glared at him, remembering your pepper spray in your bag and trying to think of a way you could grab it without him noticing.

He laughed and shook his head, pulling the 'stop' button on the elevator so that it wouldn't move at all unless he pressed it back in. There was a loud ringing alarm because of it and you covered your ears, panic beginning to take over your mind as your eyes darted from the doors to him.

"Just leave me alone!" You shouted over the ringing, still covering your ears with your hands.

Reiner shook his head, cracking his knuckles as he stepped towards you. "I'm sorry, but I can't do that." He pulled your hands off your ears and tried hugging you. "Come here. I missed you so much." The fact he was touching you made you want to puke. He was insane. One minute he was hitting you and the next he was hugging you?

You stayed frozen, an idea popping into your head as he wrapped his arms around you. The scent of his cologne made you want to gag, bad memories clogging your train of thought. You let him hold you for just a moment as you placed your hands on his biceps for stability. You then quickly swung your knee up into his groin with all of your strength before pushing him off of you.  Eren taught you that.

He yelled, not even able to form a full sentence as he grabbed at his crotch and groaned at the pain. You quickly pulled your pepper spray out and pointed it directly in his face.

"Fuck you." You seethed at him as you sprayed his eyes, emptying the entire tiny canister onto his face as he fell onto the floor. You leaned to the side of him and quickly pressed the 'stop' button, relieved when the ringing finally stopped and the elevator doors opened. You quickly squatted down by his face, grinning as you watched him writhe in agony as he was wiping at his eyes and whining.

"Oh, and he's amazing by the way. My new boyfriend? More of a man than you'll ever be." You mocked him, winking at him before you landed a hard kick into his gut and then stepped over him and out of the elevator. Quickly you ran into the empty one besides it and smiled to yourself as the doors closed and the elevator carried you to your floor.

Once in your apartment, Jean immediately noticed your split lip.

"What the fuck happened?"

"Oh, just an incident in the elevator.." You trailed off, not wanting to drag Jean into your business when Eren walked into the living room. His hair was still wet from his shower, the long ends dripping water onto his bare shoulders as he fastened his towel around his waist.

"Wait so where are we goi-" He paused when he saw your lip and rushed over to you. "What the fuck happened?"

Jean rolled his eyes. "I just asked that!"

You giggled as Eren tilted your chin up to look at him, running his thumb over the bruise already swelling in your plump bottom lip.

"I took care of some unfinished business." You whispered.