•chapter two•

Lando had convinced Darcy that he could down a bottle of Cabernet in less than 30 seconds. Moments later, when the red liquid poured down the front of his brand new Off-White sweater, it became evident to the blonde why Indie had friend-zoned him.

Darcy had countered his proposal by insisting that she could achieve what he thought he could in less than a minute. Naturally, Darcy succeeded, and Indie awarded her best friend one point in what they had decided would be the British Association of Good-Looking Entities. Aptly nicknamed the BAGLE awards.

"That is not fair, you drink with Indie, so of course, you are a pro," Lando whined as he opened his suitcase to pull out a new jumper to wear. "Plus, there are two of you and only me. I need a teammate." He insisted.

Darcy squinted at the McLaren driver, which flustered the young driver. "What are you staring at?" He awkwardly remarked, holding the blue jumper in front of him.

The blonde poised her lips and counted up his chest. "Did you say you had a pack full of abs? I only count four?" She chuckled, realising that Lando had a habit of exaggerating the truth. It was funny.

"They are hiding; they don't like wine." Lando stuck his tongue out. "So, anyway, I need another teammate. Otherwise, I will definitely be doing the forfeit come to the end of the season."

Apart from Lando, Lewis Hamilton and George Russell were the other two British Drivers. As much as Indie would love to get Lewis involved, his schedule was far too busy and partaking in silly little competitions was not quite as crucial as his current mission to make the sport more inclusive.

"George it is then; I think you'll like him, Indie. He loves PowerPoint just like you." Lando winked as Indie shook her head.

It had been a running joke in the Jay-Norris family that anytime Indie wanted her dad to buy her something, all she needed to do was create a PowerPoint explaining in detail why she liked it and what the benefits would be.

The brunette rolled her eyes. There was no point in denying her love for a PowerPoint; even if she did, Darcy would shoot it down straight away.

"It's a great way to get the point across. Why do you think it's called POWER point, eh, Lando." Indie pushed with a bite.

Lando looked impressed. His eyes opened wide as he asked if that was actually the reason for the programme's name. Indie shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, I'm not Bill Gates." She smirked

"And will George be up for this?" Darcy asked, changing the subject before Lando and Indie could enter into a battle of wits which the driver would ultimately lose.

George Russell was tipped to be the next Lewis Hamilton; he had come through the Mercedes Junior ranks and now sat in the seat vacated by Bottas at the end of last season. Neither Indie nor Darcy had met him, but Lando spoke highly of the fellow Brit, although he did note that now he had moved to Mercedes, he had become quite serious.

"That's because he drives for a team that hopes to win something, unlike McLaren, which races for banter," Indie stated before blowing a kiss to her friend. "Talking of banter, how is Daniel?" She asked.

Darcy sat forward in her seat and suddenly seemed utterly engaged in the conversation. Indie hadn't needed to ask her who she would make a run for should the occasion arise, the blonde loved Australian accents, and there was something - everything - that said that Daniel Ricciardo was trouble.

Lando cocked his head. "The way you phrase that suggests you don't think I have banter?" He feigned insult and shuffled closer to Indie, who sat opposite the sofa.

Indie tapped her lips and looked up at the ceiling of the private jet. "Well, then, I phrased it correctly." She shut him down and turned to look at Darcy. "He thinks toilet humour and playing with his food is banter."