•chapter thirteen•

"It's official, I hate them all," Indie seethed rolling her eyes.

The brunette was looking in the mirror at yet another gown that she had tried on. It didn't matter the colour, style or level of sequins. Indie hated them all and that was annoying her.

"I thought you looked great," George smiled shrugging his shoulders and walking towards the brunette. "You look great in all of them,"

Indie pouted. It wasn't that she didn't look great and it wasn't a confidence issue but none of the dress screamed INDIE JAY. They just were bland, and even Indie knew she couldn't pull of bland.

The driver wrapped an arm around the girl. "You have to say that, you fancy me," Indie smiled as she looked up at George.

Things had been going very well between the two Brits. They hadn't been seeing each other for long, but Indie hadn't felt like this before. George just seemed to get her, and he was the opposite of what she usually dated.

George was polite, a gentleman who genuinely cared about what Indie thought. He wanted her opinion, he desired to know all of the dramas in her life, but really George just liked being with her. Indie Jay was his complete opposite.

"Maybe, but it doesn't mean it's not the truth...I like the sparkly one," George remarked boosting the girls confidence.

Indie looked at the dress hanging up in her changing room. It had been the first one she tried and maybe it wasn't so bad. Usually Indie stayed clear of cream and white dresses because she liked red wine a little too much, and hues of purple were her thing but George was right.

Dressing for an event like the Red Bull Miami launch was strange for both Indie and George. For Indie, this was her dad holding her accountable and she knew that she needed to make some connections. It was work, in the most roundabout way.

For George it was just weird. He loved that Indie had invited him out to help her chose the dress although he did wonder where Darcy was. However, as nice as it was, George knew that she was going to be networking with the competition and that meant Max Verstappen.

The Dutchman had made it no secret that he liked Indie's company. Max had never said that he fancied Indie, or thought of her in anyway more than a friend but him and Indie had a tête-à-tête. There was something there.

"George, you were right, this is the dress," Indie grinned as she swanned out of the dressing room and into the light.

With every step she took the dress sparkled. It was capitvating and George was stunned. He knew that Indie was beautiful, he had seen her at so many events, and nights out but there was something different about today.

The British driver stood up and walked toward Indie. His mouth was gaped open. This dress was incredible, but something was different about this time. "You've tied your hair up?" George remarked.

Indie laughed and looked at him in the mirror. She titled her head, "You noticed?" She questioned.

George nodded. "You looked gorgeous before, but I've never seen you with your hair up? I love it?" He said pressing a kiss to her cheek.

Indie blushed. She never wore her hair up, she didn't like it. It felt weird, with her hair down she could hide almost. It was her safety blanket.

"This is the one, and even though I won't be at the event, which I am so jealous of, you are going to make so many connections and I cannot wait for your success," George grinned.

Indie turned around. Nobody seemed to have this belief in her, George was everything she had never looked for in a man but he seemed to be everything she wanted. The only thing left was to get her father's approval.