•chapter five•

"So you're skipping out on dinner with your old man to go to a party with some drivers?" Marty asked, his lip quivering and a pout appearing on the engineers raging face. "That makes me sad." He remarked and looked down at the empty plates on the table.

Indie looked at Darcy, who gulped. Max had messaged Indie inviting herself and Darcy to join him for celebratory drinks with the drivers. However, the girls were mid-way through dinner with Marty when she received the DM.

There was one thing Indie hated most in the world, and that was seeing her dad upset. Darcy felt similar. Marty was one of the mentally strong men both girls had ever met.

"I mean, we don't have to go," Indie muttered and exchanged a guilty look with the blonde, who was necking the rest of her glass of red wine. "In fact, I'm having a great time with you, dad. We can always party with them another night." She nodded.

A smile broke on Marty's face, soon replaced by a loud 'HAH'. "Everyone knows the best part is the first; go, enjoy yourselves," Marty told them.

Both girls let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad I have fed you both; I hate it when Darcy drinks on an empty stomach... I don't want a repeat of Easter Sunday." Marty remarked, before telling Indie to notify Max to behave himself.

Marty pointed out that he would be watching him like a hawk. "Max's head will be on a stick if anything happens to either of you."

The funny thing is that Darcy and Indie completely believed Marty. He was fiercely protective of his daughter and Darcy, who had basically become his adopted daughter anyway. The blonde even brought him a father's day card.

Marty shooed the girls away before picking up the cheque. As the girls left, he shot them a message in their group chat. 'Let me know when you're back at the hotel. I'm going to have drinks with Toto and Bono. Stay safe, and enjoy. M xx

Indie liked that even though Marty worked for Red Bull, he still had a great relationship with the team at Mercedes. Toto and Marty, along with James Vowels, had made a formidable and, quite honestly, unbeatable team.

The girls rushed back to their hotel room to change into something a little more 'party' than the casual outfits they wore to dinner with Marty. Of course, they needed to stay respectful as they promised Marty they would not get arrested, and even though the club was very Westernised, both girls had been brought up to be incredibly respectful of other countries laws.

indie_go1 added a new photo to her story 'My bestie is HAWTTTT now let's go party🍸🍹'

'My bestie is HAWTTTT now let's go party🍸🍹'

tagged: darcme30

By the time the girls had decided what to wear, Indie had chosen perfume, and Darcy had finished uploading photos to her blog; they were officially late. It didn't help that both of them had drunk half a bottle of tequila whilst they were getting ready. However, to paraphrase Queen Clarisse Renaldi, 'Queens are never late; everyone else is simply early.'