•chapter ten•

"If it isn't the Blonde Tornado," Oscar Jay smirked as Darcy stood in the doorway to the Jay family home. "Long time no see," He remarked.

Darcy chuckled, pushing her way past Indie's older brother and starting to call for her best friend. Being back in Indie's childhood house was fun, where Darcy had spent many days playing and causing chaos. She always felt so welcome here.

"Ind isn't here; she's on a date with that driver...." Oliver informed with a grimace. Darcy as he followed her into the kitchen. "It's just me... mum and dad are doing something with Horner and his wife."

Darcy rolled her eyes. She didn't like Christian very much, but the blonde realised she was stuck in the house with Indie's handsome older brother. It was an odd dynamic between the two and one that Indie was not privy to.

Oliver took a bottle of wine that had been chilling in the wine fridge and got two glasses of wine. "I was just about to watch the football?"

The blonde pondered what Oliver had just said, wine sounded perfect, and she went to pour herself a glass of red before taking a quick step back.

"Wait, what?" Darcy pinched, "She's on a date? With who? Do you mean Lewis's fashion fitting?" Darcy noted as she took her phone out to scroll through her latest chat with Indie

Oliver shook his head but confirmed that Indie had indeed spent the entire day yesterday with Lewis and that he had even taken her for dinner at his Vegan burger restaurant. Oliver hadn't seen his sister so excited in such a long time, at least not since Indie had broken up with Emile.

"No, with George... he's taken her to some restaurant, bloody vanilla guy if you ask me," Oliver remarked, sipping on the glass of red. "Not like that Australian one," he added with a smirk.

Of course, Oliver knew. Indie was terrible when it came to gossip; she believed it was her duty to pass it on. Although Darcy wasn't much better, her sister Tonia already knew all about Max Verstappen's eagerness regarding the brunette.

Darcy slapped the 6ft2 dark-haired man, picked up the wine bottle and took it through to the TV room where the flatscreen already had the football playing. It wasn't her idea of a fun afternoon, but the wine certainly helped.

She sat down in her spot on the sofa, and Oliver sat in the one-seater in the corner.

"I can't believe the bitch didn't tell me she was going out with George!" Darcy exclaimed, biting her lip. "And I'd watch out; your sister has stormed the paddock!"

It wasn't like Indie to not share something like this, especially when, from the sounds of it, George had planned an incredible night. She loved dates and getting dressed up. It felt weird to Darcy that she had listened to Indie talk for hours about what outfit she would wear for her day Lewis, but it was radio silence for George.

Oliver laughed. "You know what Ind's like; she gets excited and forgets anyone else exists... that girl does exude main character energy."

Darcy agreed.

If Darcy could find one fault in her best friend, her attention would be quickly removed. It was tough pinning her down as soon as she got a boyfriend, but she has always made time for Darcy.

Every third Thursday of the month was gossip and wine night. It didn't matter where in the world either of the girls was at 8pm GMT. They were either at a bar or on FaceTime with a bottle of something and a list of subjects to catch up on.

"Plus, she said works down your neck about this Daniel Ricciardo & Lando thing...." Oliver trailed off. "Is that why you refuse to acknowledge that Dan is into you?"