•chapter nine•

"I hope you had fun at Mercedes because you're back at Red Bull for the next race," Marty informed his daughter as the waiter brought over a bottle of red wine for the table.

Indie rolled her eyes.

She was surprised that her dad had even let her spend the whole weekend at the rival garage, let alone allow her to travel back with Lewis and George, but the Jay senior was happy knowing that Lewis wouldn't let anything happen to his little girl.

"Dad said that George seemed to have taken a liking to you," Penelope, Indie's mother smiled, taking a sip of the red wine that had just been poured. "He's very handsome,"

Lewis might have let it slip to Marty that he reckoned his teammate had a small crush on the brunette girl but that he had been respectful for the entire weekend. Marty also liked that his daughter seemed to have gotten through the whole weekend sober - which was less than could be said for when she and Darcy got together.

Indie blushed.

"He asked if he can take me out for dinner before we all go to Italy," Indie noted as she chased a piece of asparagus around her plate, refusing to make eye contact with her father, who was likely not going to be the biggest fan of the idea.

Penelope, on the other hand, was already grinning like a Cheshire cat at the idea of the handsome Mercedes driver taking her daughter out. Indie had enjoyed an incredibly close relationship with her mother, and the duo rarely kept any secrets between them - Indie's interest in Mr Russell was no exception.

Marty said back in his chair and pursed his lips. "And where is George taking you?" He asked with gritted teeth and a scowl before being slapped on the shoulder by his wife.

"To 14 Hills," Indie said and looked towards her mum who was caught mid gasp. "I didn't even have to tell him it was my favourite restaurant, EVER!" She exclaimed.

It was a sweet moment when George asked Indie for dinner. He had spoken to Lewis about planning a date with the girl he saw as a little sister, and once George had been read the riot act, Lewis happily helped.

The driver had dropped Indie back to her North London apartment despite it being a two-hour drive from his house. Once George had helped Indie with her suitcases, and made sure she was home safe and with a cup of tea in hand, he asked the pretty girl if she would like to get dinner.

George remembered that Indie liked an aesthetically pleasing bar or restaurant and had spent the flight home googling restaurants in London that fit her criteria. It was a coincidence that George had picked her favourite place to spend an evening.

"And what are you going to wear?" Penelope asked, "Do we need to go shopping?" She added, which caused Marty to roll his eyes. If the two of them got talking about shopping, then he was going to need another drink.

Indie shot a deadpan look at her mum. "We always need to go shopping," She winked but admitted that she had no idea what she was going to wear for her date with George.

"And what about Darcy? Is she going to go on a date with that driver she likes?" Penelope asked, swirling the red liquid in her glass.

Suddenly Marty's attention was back in the room, not on how he could leave the shopping conversation. His brow furrowed, quite obviously confused about the words that had just left his wife's mouth.

Indie sucked her lips into her mouth. Oops.

"Darcy, what now? Driver?" Marty blurted, slightly panicked.

Had both of the girls already broken the 'no dating' drivers rule that they had both agreed to before Marty had taken them to Bahrain?

Penelope quickly realised her blunder and gave an apologetic look to her daughter. Although Indie didn't seem too bothered she did twiddle her thumbs and pursed her lips.