•chapter fifteen•

"You never told me what happened when Lewis picked you up?" Darcy remarked as she made her way to through the paddock with her brunette best friend.

Indie looked coy and shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing, we just chatted and then went to sleep," She replied with a small smile creeping onto her sun kissed face.

Darcy didn't believe a word that had just come out of Indie's mouth. If it had truly just been talking and sleeping, then Darcy knew Indie would have told her all about it by now.

Although the blonde wasn't exactly sure what Indie and Lewis would have got up to, she just knew there was more to the story. Her guess was that the brunette might finally have gotten somewhere with him, or Lewis was taking more of a big brother route and told her off for getting involved with drivers.

"Hmm... I'm just saying if you've finally got Lewis on your arm then you might want to stop playing with Max," Darcy winked.

Indie rolled her eyes and let out a loud, aggressive sigh. She had managed to get through the entire Miami Grand Prix without Darcy so much as mentioning the Dutch driver. Perhaps it was because Max himself had not at the best race, and Indie was too busy celebrating Lewis's win from the Red Bull garage.

However even Indie had realised that her celebratory actions were too over the top when she spotted the incredibly dejected Max stomping through the garage. She had thought about following him but instead took George up on his offer to come to the rivals hospitality.

"I'm not playing with Max...We were drunk, nothing more than that," Indie remarked dropping her sunglasses to cover her eyes. "And besides, George is coming to dinner with my dad and me tonight,"

Yes, it was true, herself and Max had enjoyed a few good moments together, but they didn't get along. They were drunk, or at least Indie was. She wasn't sure how much Max had been drinking but she assumed enough to distort his mind otherwise why would he suddenly switch up on her.

Darcy was about to spit something back when a smiling Daniel came into focus. She looked to Indie who had just spotted the Australian and suddenly Darcy regretted deep diving into Indie's extra curricular's with the other drivers.

The blonde gripped onto Indie's arm. She shot her a look, mouthing don't you dare. However Indie just wiggled her brow in response and proceeded to call Daniel over.

"What's going on pretty ladies," Daniel grinned embracing both girls into a hug. "You smell good, Max was right!" He went on to exclaim.

The trio knew he was talking about Indie but the brunette shrugged it off and explained that Darcy was wearing a new perfume brought specifically for the Imola GP. It was a beautiful soft floral with rosy notes. A stark contrast to the fruity and sweet fragrances Darcy usually picked.

"We are good, Darcy was just talking about how much fun she had at the party in Bahrain..." Indie smiled darting a conniving look to her best friend. "What are you doing tonight? Apparently most of the drivers are sticking around?" She continued.

Daniel pondered the question for a moment. The girls couldn't help but notice a proud grin slapped across his face. The McLaren driver had made it no secret that he had the hots for the blonde Brit, however she was playing it awfully cool.

Darcy on the other hand was guarding her feelings, and Indie knew this. She couldn't even be mad at the brunette as on the flight over Darcy had been talking Indie's ear off about potentially giving the Australian a chance.

"Ind, aren't you going for dinner with George tonight?" Darcy coughed with a defined brow.

Indie gasped. "Oh yeah... I am, but maybe we could meet you two after?" She suggested.