2| Cabin 11

She felt like she was floating. Then wind was all around her, like a very cold blanket. The only warmth she had was whoever was holding her.

   She opened her eyes a smidge and saw the stranger from earlier. He was staring up at the cloudy sky. Then she looked to the side. They were in said cloudy sky.

   She should have screamed. That would have been more appropriate. But she also didn't feel like being normal in a not-normal setting.

   "Who are you?" she asked, her voice a whisper despite no one else being around. She crinkled her nose from the dryness of her mouth and how scratchy she sounded.

   "Your brother," the stranger answered. She was immediately far more awake than she had been in a long time.

   "My dad-" she started. The stranger shook his head.

   "No. Our mom." It was like he was correcting her.

   She went silent. She knew she had a mom somewhere or perhaps 6 feet under, but she never wanted the closeness of one. Her friends seemed to complain about their moms whenever she talked about it. It seemed it was better that she was without one. Her friends always said she could do almost anything and she wouldn't be lectured by a mom.

   The idea of one was foreign.

   But a brother? That was unthinkable. She did want an older sister- but maybe it was the tiniest craving of a female figure in her life. She had her dad- why would she need a brother?

   "Our mom..." she mumbled, becoming tired again. The wind was a nice blanket. She let her eyes shut.

~

   She woke up alone in a forest. On top of her was a piece of paper written on with cursive. She had to squint a lot to read it.

To my Little Sister- Ren,

Please find a pine tree and pass it. There you will be as safe as we need you to be. Do not worry, the chimera chasing you has left. Just go to the camp and train. Tell no one about this. Make up a story, I'm sure you can.

Sincerely-

   It had no signature at the bottom. Just a heart with an arrow through it. She wanted to be angry, but the numbness was back and she barely wanted to get up from the forest floor. But she did.

   Once upon a time, her dad had told her that healing came little by little. She was angry at him then for saying that because it meant she would take far longer to heal then she wanted to.

   She felt good enough right now to take getting up from the floor as a sign of healing.

~

   The pine tree stood tall and proud above her. She could see two teenagers- the first one being about 15 and the other closer to her age(about 12 or 13). They didn't pay attention to her.

   She just walked past them because she could.

   A man with a horse body for his lower section stood on a porch in an old, rustic looking house. He looked older than the rest of the people there so she went to him first.

   "Hey," she greeted. The horse man jumped a little.

   "Who-" He started, but it faded when he saw her. Like- like actually saw her. Like she was there, a person who could speak and someone who needed help. She wanted to be angry as anger filled the ocean entirely, but instead felt the tiniest bit of relief in her ocean of numb.

   He cleared his throat. "I didn't know you would be here so early. The prophecy..." He cleared his throat again. He took a deep breath and relaxed his face. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood." He ended his sentence with a smile she didn't know how to return. She nodded.

~

   Chiron- horse man- made her go to the infirmary first thing. A blonde boy with piecerings that made his kind face look out of place tended to her. He found nothing bad- just a few cuts and scrapes. He asked a few questions and all she did was nod or shake her head. Some questions did require her talking, but he didn't push her. He gave her a candy-like thing and told her to nibble on it. He warned her to not eat much of it as ambrosia(the candy thing) would burn her inside-out if she ate too much.

   She took a tiny piece and bit it gingerly. It tasted like fresh caprese salad. Her cuts slowly seemed to disappear and most of her tiredness faded away. She still felt bad, but less so.

   "Thanks..." she mumbled to the boy. He grinned back at her.

   "No problem, let's get you to your new cabin." He stood up, holding out his hand. She put the ambrosia down on a counter and stood up by herself. She didn't know what he wanted her to do when he held his hand out.

   He lowered his hand, then smiled more. "I'm Lee Fletcher."

   It occured to her she hadn't told him her name. "Ren." She decided to use that.

~

   She would be sleeping in crowded cabin 11- Hermes Cabin. She had a space in the corner of the room with a sleeping bag. There was a 10 or something boy on her right and then a 15 year old girl under feet. She knew she would have to curl up to sleep. It was good that she normally slept like that.

   The cabin leader, Luke, seemed stressed about something she didn't care about. What she cared about was the fact the two Stoll brothers in her cabin seemed to be planning a heist for some Ares kid's sword. She asked Luke if she could go outside and explore. He said yes.

   There was a blonde haired girl talking to the centaur, Chiron, near the lava wall(she prayed she would never have to do that). There was a pretty girl she recognized from the Aphrodite cabin. She went to the pretty girl.

   No, she wasn't about to talk. She just wanted to make sure people were aware of her. She made sure that she stood near the girl, but focused on looking at the forest.

   The girl wanted to talk, apparently.

   "Oh, hello," the girl said with a melodic voice, "are you a new camper?"

   She nodded. "Hi."

   "I'm Silena," the girl introduced.

   "Ren."

   "It's nice to meet you, Ren," Silena smiled. Adrienne simply nodded at the girl, before mumbling about going back to her cabin and left without a thought to say goodbye.

   She didn't see how a frown came upon Silena's lips and how a crease appeared in the otherwise soft face of the girl.

-

This isn't my best. Looking over it, I should've spent more time fleshing out the conversation between Adrienne and Silena. Actually, I should've worked on all the conversations. However, I don't care to fix it right now.