19| Meetings

It was 10 pm when she arrived home.

Despite the enchantments the train had, they still had to travel around and that took time. Adrienne was sure there was a good 3 more hours of floating around the U.S. after she was dropped off. She was thankful she was home when she was.

She knew her dad was already home as she could see the living room lights on from outside. She quickly entered her house, her suitcases dragged along.

"Hello," she called out. She could hear footsteps walking to the entrance of the house.

"Addie!" her dad yelled with a smile, giving her a hug and took her suitcases for her. "There's some cookies on the counter that I bought, you can eat one. Then you have to go to bed." Then he left with her suitcases and went to her room to place them in.

She did want cookies, so she immediately went over to the kitchen. A plastic container of way-to sweet sugar cookies with brightly colored frosting were there. She would've placed them next to oatmeal raisin cookies if they were not a staple at every kids birthday. She had gotten used to them because of that.

She was eating one when she began to fall asleep. She was just sitting on a stoll when she was suddenly aware of her high chance of falling. She, through a haze of exhaustion, walking clumsily to her room. Her dad had already gone to bed.

She was out the second she finsished her cookie.

~

She was immediately in the presence of Hecate.

The goddess stood in front of her with a blank expression. Adrienne wondered if she had done something wrong, but she didn't remember doing so. She checked on Harry, that was her job and she did it when she had to.

"Hi," she greeted the goddess.

"Hello," Hecate greeted back with a slight questioning tone at the end. It was like a challenge. Adrienne began to sweat a little.

"I heard you're helping Ares with his son."

Adrienne nodded.

"Blaise Zabini, correct?"

She nodded again.

"Interesting kid, I suppose you don't know much about Blaise Zabini?"

Adrienne shook her head.

"I guess that's not shocking." Hecate began to walk around. "You don't need to know about that yet."

"Okay..." Adrienne furrowed her eyebrows.

Hecate paced for a little while, until she stopped to address Adrienne.

"I have a request for you over the summer," Hecate began, "I want you to research your dad's family. You need to know certain things before you meet Harry Potter."

"Sure, I will." Adrienne thought it was a weird request, though she didn't question the goddess. "When do I get to meet him?"

"You'll meet Harry... eventually." Hecate didn't elaborate. "I will help you with your research. You can sleep now."

It was so abrupt that when Adrienne woke up she felt very disassociated and dizzy. She fell when she tried to get out of her bed.

"Adrienne?" Dominic rushed into the room.

She showed him a thumbs up as she pushed herself up.

~

There was a single week she had at home. Her dad encouraged her to do her summer work. It was an essay for Charms and lots of reading for her other classes. She tried to swindle out of doing her Transfiguration reading and failed instantly.

She was in her room staring at the cover of her Potions textbook when an owl began to aggressively knock on her window. She had no idea what was happening at first, but realized it had a letter. She walked over and opened the window and the owl hopped into her room.

It grabbed the letter with its beak from its feet and threw it at her. She couldn't help but huff at the owl. She picked it up. She opened the letter carefully, she had seen many of her classmates have a glitter bomb blow up in their face.

It was just a letter. She recognized the handwriting immediately from her updates on Harry Potter, it was Greyson's. She began to read.

Dear Ren,

I'm not writing this like a fancy letter-

"Didn't expect you, too," she mumbled with a small grin.

I'm only writing this because I want to go over some things. Hecate told me that you've been watching over Blaise Zabini. I vaguely remember you and that god in the forest talking about it. I'm not sure I don't want to join you on this. I do want you to tell me more about Harry. I know we weren't talking that much for a moment, but we need to go over him.

I know you know more. You go to the library a lot after school when we go over Harry's week.

She winced. That was her lie to get out of dealing with the awkward time they had.

Please write back and attach to Patrick's feet. He'll take care of the rest.

Sincerely,
Greyson Laurier.

She finished it, saying Greyson's last name out loud. She had never said it before.

She decided to write to him about Harry Potter. A quiet part of her hoped they would talk more at Camp later in the summer. She decided to mention that she'll be in France for a while.

She spent that week writing and reading. The last day was full of packing.

The next day she would be in France and would be there for 2 months.