1| Magic Inn

The plane ride had been taking forever to Adrienne. Her dad didn't seem that annoyed by it and she felt jealous of that. She knew planes were supposed to be a faster alternative, but she still hated it.

She had never traveled much in a plane. Maybe once or twice when she was little. But now, as she spent most of the year at a magical school where transportation was slightly more affective(considering it took the floating train roughly 6 hours to drop every student off at their house throughout all of the U.S.) the idea of modern technological seemed rather plain. It was hard to believe that she only was home for a week- it was June 7th now. Ilvermorny got out the last day of May. She would've taken the train over this, but she had to travel like a normal person to be able to get to France.

The plane eventually landed in Britain, where it was supposed to. She didn't expect to feel so dizzy after the flight. She had to grip onto the seats and use them to guide her out of the plane. Her dad carried her luggage for her, somehow not effected by plane sickness. She leaned on him whenever they had to walk.

They decided to get McDonalds of all things. It was food, so she ate it. It did make her happy to be able to eat food so disgusting it was good. They ate together as they walked to their inn.

She knew it wasn't going to be a quick walk, but her drowsiness from the plane and lack of training made it feel never ending. Her dad occasionally asked her if she wanted to rest, but her stubborness screwed her over. She continued to walk, ignoring her leg pain. She could lay down at the inn.

~

It was a magical inn. How could she not realize thats where they were going.

Her dad tried to apologize but she kicked him out of her room. He was now standing in the doorway trying to apologize quietly so he didn't interupt the other guests. She ignored him, mainly because of the strange smile.

She only paid him attention when he snickered.

"What?" she snapped at him, rolling over onto her side to look at him.

"You're acting like a little kid," he said. She rolled over again.

The door clicked and she knew she was alone. She grabbed out the two mirrors she had for Blaise and Harry. Neither seemed to be dealing with any struggles expect for exams. She didn't want to watch anyone deal with that. She flopped back onto her bed.

~

She accidentally took a nap, but woke up in time for her dad to get her for dinner.

She fought the wrinkles in her t shirt, giving up when they just popped back after. She walked down the steps with a scowl. She honestly wished she was back asleep.

Her dad apologized for waking her up. She forgave him, knowing she was acting childish.

She could hear someone with a slight French acccent mumble "Americans?" under their breath as they passed. It was a woman with greying hair surronded by kids of multiple ages. Three identical girls and one boy that looked a little older than Adrienne. He had the fluffiest brown hair she had ever seen. Normally sweet people had fluffy hair, but this boy's eyes had a permanent glare- or maybe he looked that way from the dark circles under his eyes. He raised an eyebrow at her and she looked away as casually as she could.

"There's an empty table," her dad whispered to her. He was looking at a corner with a two person table right between two other tables full of loud, obnoxious groups. Her eyebrows subconsciously scrunched up at it.

She took another look at the boy. He was resting his chin on his hand as he looked at the loud groups as well. His eyes went back to hers as a grin slowly appeared on his lips. One of the little girls who she assumed were his sisters poked his shoulders and he turned around to talk to her. Adrienne looked back and slowly walked over to the table.

She couldn't help but look back again. The boy was also looking at her. She didn't know if he was talking to her when he mouthed "good luck". She quickly followed her dad, feeling incredibly unnerved by the situation.

~

"The next plane is delayed. There's like problems with the engine." her dad told her when they went down for breakfast.

She was personally fine with that, liking how she could rest more during the morning. The inn-bar-restaurant place they were staying was always filled long after midnight. She only fell asleep from her exhaustion last night. The morning was quiet, except for an occasional train whistle. She only got out of bed when crowds of shoppers began forming outside.

"We'll be out of here tomorrow afternoon. Thats good, don't you think?" Her dad tried for a smile. She patted him on the arm in sympathy. He looked like his face was slowly melting instead of smiling.

"Let's find a less people-y spot for today," her dad said. They found a lone area of tables in the front.

A waitress with what Adrienne thinks is a Cockney accent approached them. Her dad ordered coffee and she just ordered water. She hadn't had coffee at Ilvermorny(since they didn't serve the first years coffee) and didn't feel like having any at the moment. She also didn't feel like breakfast. She felt like exploring the shops outside.

Her dad didn't look that amused when she told him this, but handed her a tiny bag of coins. "Stay near the first few shops, alright? You're still 12."

She smiled in her victory as she walked away. She put the coins in her hoodie's pocket and followed a few steps behind a group of young adults to leave the inn and explore the magical shopping streets.