17| The Last Morning

For the last day, they allowed everyone to be out of uniform because they would go home that night.

The entire morning was free time.

Not super free time since the student body ranged from ages 11 to 18. If they were free to do as they wanted the school would be up in flames.

Adrienne was certainly glad to see staff and even a few pukwudgie looking out for any especially chaotic pupils.

She decided to spend the morning packing. She had some of her stuff organized from a tired cleaning the night before, but it was not all in her suitcases.

After her clothes were packed away(except the ones she was wearing and the outfit she planned to wear), she went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. She made sure that she looked a little better than usual, for fun. She knew it didn't matter but it was nice to see herself with lipgloss and slightly nice looking hair. She almost went out of the bathroom with it down, but decided to put it up in a ponytail. Though, she did make it a little nicer by tying a bow with ribbon around the hairtie.

She let herself wear a casual outfit though. Just a tank top, sweater, jeans, and tennis shoes. Although, she decided to cuff the jeans to show off the shoes to look a little more complete. For a second, she wondered if she owned a baseball cap to complete the look.

She did not, but she was enlightened onto why her siblings liked having full size mirrors in the cabin. She had to have spent more than 5 minutes checking out her outfit by the time Kendall and Violet were back in the dorm.

Adrienne quickly decided to pretend she was just about to leave. Both her dormmates seemed to have bought it, or maybe they just didn't care.

All of the Thunderbird first year boys were heading out when she was beginning to leave her room.

"Oh, hey! Adrienne!" Lawrence waved from the bottom of the stairs. "Wanna go see if we can skip stones in the fountain?"

She knew it was impossible to do so effectively and also a terrible idea, but she decided it was something she was going to do.

"Alright." She walked a little quicker to catch up.

~

She was right, they couldn't skip any stones and got berated by a teacher for trying. She had positioned herself on a bench to be able to look like she was innocent.

"You should've man-ed up and got in trouble with us," Seth complained as they decided to walk around the castle aimlessly.

"Unfortunately, I enjoy being seen as an intelligent person and skipping stones in a fountain" She pretended to deeply think about what she was going to say. "Not that intelligent looking, y'know?" She grinned at the boys and quicken her pace. All three shouted at her indignantly as she made distance.

She saw a few of the other first years also walking around, presumably to the Great Hall. Lunch was starting, but she had one last thing to do. She walked over to the statue of Isolt Sayre and found the underground path. She quickly jumped inside, not wanting to get caught.

She wasn't sure he was here, but she felt like he was. She could feel his presence as she walked closer to the forest.

"Knew you would find it out," Eros said with a grin.

She nodded. It wasn't really her finding out, just her subconscious being like "go there!" and she followed it.

"Well, how was it?" he asked.

"Ilvermorny? It was..." What was it? The castle was pretty, the food was good, the subjects were interesting, the people were okay... but it was just average and albeit boring. "Fine. It was fine."

He nodded. She wondered if he understood the full meaning of that. "Fine" was so vague, especially when pertaining to somethibg that required an in depth answer. Not many mortals would understood, but Eros could. Eros could understood what she meant.

"And this summer you're going to France? I'll try to keep Mom out of your hair," he laughed. She only smiled, focusing on how he said "Mom", not "Our mom", just "Mom". So casually like they had always called her that. He did, he probably called her that before humans existed. Adrienne didn't think she had ever called Aphrodite "Mom" before.

When Eros stopped laughing, there was an uncomfortable silence. She didn't know what to say, he didn't say anything so she assumed he felt similar. She almost let out a sigh of relief when he said he was going to go.

~

After lunch everyone was packing their stuff up. However, Adrienne had already packed her stuff up that morning. She did not have anyone to talk to either, as Kendall and Violet were packing and the three Thunderbird first year boys were probably packing their stuff as well. She just sat on a bench in the courtyard, swinging her legs as she stared off into space.

"There you are!" her dad exclaimed from behind her. She couldn't see him, but she knew he was about to hug her.

"Hey," she greeted as he hugged her around the shoulders.

"How are you doing? Sad, deep in thought, or just meh?" he asked her. He walked around the bench and sat down with her.

She thought for a moment. "Meh, I feel meh."

He laughed. "I feel meh, too."

She looked over at him. "You do?"

"Oh yeah, I love Ilvermorny and teaching was a blast but... I don't know, it was a wild ride but now thats it over for this school year, it just feels like a minimal experience. I guess I didn't think about the end of the year until today so I'm not getting hit by all of it yet." He shrugged and leaned back, staring at the fountain. "I'm surprised you had a meh year, after all that sneaking around you did in the secret tunnels."

Her eyes widened. He knew???

Her dad laughed at her shock. "I knew every time since the first day when you seamlessly appeared with the new students. And I knew you would find more eventually. I didn't tell anyone because I know you would keep yourself safe."

She grimaced and looked away. One of the first tunnels she found she was almost attacked by a Manticore.

He noticed her expression. "Addie..."

"There was... only one time!" She held up her hands. "I was safe every other time!"

"We'll talk on the way to France. Now, go... go talk to your classmates. You might not be able to talk to them until next September." He got up, one last slightly disappointed look that shifted into something almost wistful. She realized she never really heard how his schooling, how his year ended or the people he met. Honestly, she didn't even know if his parents were magic. One of them probably was, considering they were going to meet magical relatives that summer. But she had never met anyone her dad went to school with. His life before her was a mystery.

She nodded, getting up and looked around for anyone she knew. She might as well chat with her classmates.

-

So, news. By The Gods is coming to an end very soon. I will probably finish the story up at chapter 19. I will be writing a sequel and it will start after I finish my Tokyo Revengers fic.