𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬

Athena's POV

"What can i get you on this beautiful evening?" I smiled brightly, I was more than excited to be working today, it's one of my favorite things to do. I've been doing this since my senior year of Highschool. I love to work during the holidays, I love making conversation with people as they order hot coffees and our seasonal pastries.

This year isn't any different, sure I'm 20 still living in my hometown and working at my parents cafe but it's not about money, it's about doing what I love. And I love hearing about people's Christmas gifts.

So here I am, wearing my little Christmas sweater as the crowd of people poured in, it's only Christmas Eve and people are just now buying presents? I like to do things at the last minute also, but damn Christmas is tomorrow.

"What can I get you two?" It was that curly haired boy and his friend, Conan and Ashley. They come here all the time and they looked surprised to see me. "You're working on Christmas Eve again?" I nodded with a small smile. "Someone has to do it" I shrugged. "Hey! I do it too!" Melanie poked me on my side making me laugh.

They both ordered black coffees and a snowman cookie. I took my time decorating the cookies, the cute cookie for the cute boy and the pretty one for his friend. I wrapped them in a red bow, reading out his name "Conan, Two black coffees" "you actually pronounced my name right!" "I always do, this isn't Starbucks. O'Brian" I held back my smile, handing him the drinks.

"Hey Melanie, I'm gonna take a 30 to get lunch, it doesn't look busy anymore do you think you'll be okay?" She nodded, adding a design with creamer into the mug she was holding. "Are you sure?" "Yes I'm sure! Get me something too, I'm starving" I untied my apron, letting my wavy hair down out of the aching ponytail. "I'll be back in like 10 minutes okay?" I slid on my cardigan, teasing Mel as I walked out of the cafe.

I went down the block to a little sandwich store, they had really good ones and it was a good simple lunch. They know us well, we go at least 3 times a week. I picked up the usual, they already know our orders so I explored the store picking out chips and drinks for the both of us. I payed and headed back to the cafe, it was so warm in there it felt like I was defrosting. "Holy shit It's cold" I sniffed, going back around to the kitchen.

"I was gonna tell you to take your coat!" "I left it in the car anyways" I laughed, I was starting to feel my face again, warming up by the steaming coffee's and warm ovens. "Do you wanna eat first? It's only fair, I left you here alone for like 15 minutes"

"Nah I think I'm gonna eat later, I filled up with an egg sandwich" seriously? I walked all the way there for two sandwiches just for only one to be eaten? Wow. "Mhm I see how it is" I sat down in the booth behind Conan and his friend, cuddling up to my sweater and popping my airpods in. There's nothing better than a warm lit cafe with Taylor swift lyrics being engraved into your brain while eating a delicious sandwich.

"No she's eating! Leave her alone" I heard giggles from behind me, I held back any laughs I had and took small sips of my water, listening to the conversation behind me. "You've been coming here for two years Conan! And you're always crushing on her, come on it's time to put your big boy pants on and ask her out"

"What if she says no?" "She's not gonna say no, Conan" I hope they're talking about Melanie. Even though Melanie only started working a year ago...oops? I guess it would be nice to open up and talk to boys, all of highschool I kept myself hidden in fear I would end up pregnant and abandoned on the streets. It's sad but hey, it's true.

I took the last bite of my sandwich, washing it down with my cold water, who knows how I'm not sick right now, I'm always drinking cold stuff and then going out into freezing weather. I threw my trash away, going into the bathroom to clean myself up a bit...just incase he did ask for my number. I don't want breadcrumbs on the sides of my face.

"It was so busy this morning what's going on?" I shrugged, tying my apron around my waist. "People are probably out shopping or making dinner" I held up my chin on the counter, waiting for someone, anyone to come in. Conan and Ashley were still just chilling in the corner, working on their laptops. Besides them it was empty.

It's never empty, and when it is I get so bored. "I bet 10 bucks the next person to come in here is an old lady" I looked up at Mel with a smile. "I'm not giving you $10 Athena" she scoffed. "I'm trying to pass time" I mumbled.

"Wait come here real fast" she dragged me into the kitchen, closing the door. "What?" She was being weirdly mysterious, telling me to shush. "When you left that guy outside-" "Conan" "yea Conan whatever, they were asking about you. His friend was like teasing him when he asked"

"What'd he ask about?" "He asked if you were single" I felt blush creep up onto my face, slightly shocked but slightly expecting it. "What did you say!?" She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "I said you are obviously, you get no bitches this is your one chance" I was slightly offended but thankful at the same time.

I heard the doors bell ring, me and Mel rushing to the front in giggles. "What can I get for you today" I asked the nice old lady, shooting Melanie a glare. She got a black coffee...boring. After her it was empty again. I decided to clean up some tables, nothing much to clean up so I got done quickly.

"Hey Athena, Conan wants to see you" I got up from the couch in the backroom, stretching out my back. "You wanted me?" I walked up to the counter. "Uh yea...I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime? I've been seeing your for months now and I always wanna say something but I get shy-" I wanted to scream he's so adorable.

"Oh no- I mean yea of course" I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Hold on I'll be back" I rushed to the back and got my journal, writing down my number on the pink sheet of paper. "Here- I'm free anytime" I handed the note to him and he smiled at me. "Okay, cool...I'll text you?" I nodded, waving bye at him as he left, following behind his friend. I squealed at Melanie in excitement, our combined smile brightening up the room.

"You got an early Christmas gift!"

A/n:
AWW- sob 😭 anyways this was for ✨Lena lane ✨I literally wrote this and she didn't tell me she didn't like sandwiches 🙄 rude

Word count: 1230

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY TELEPATH! I love that song soooo much ʚїɞ 😭🫶 ✨🦋