𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤

You sniffed into your pillow, your head aching as your light breaths escaped through your mouth. It was only November, there was no reason for you to be getting sick like this, especially in this kind of weather. The air was light, sometimes it could get a little chilly but you always had Conan and his warm sweaters by your side.

You heard the keys dangle from outside the apartment, the sounds of your struggling boyfriend as he came in through the door. "Hey, are you feeling better?" He smiled up at you, a hint of concern in his tone. "I'm fine Conan, thank you" you cooed. Sitting up on the kitchen island, you helped him unpack some groceries. He placed his body in between your leg's almost trying to kiss you.

"Conan! No, I'm sick" You pushed him away playfully, knowing he didn't care. He let out a small scoff, unimpressed by your attempt to pull him away. "I won't get sick, I never do. Im really healthy" You knew that was a lie, your eyebrows furrowed knowing the amount of coffee he drank just to stay awake every day.

You wanted to make him lunch, have a nice meal with him by your side but he resisted, pushing you back into bed to rest. "Conan, I don't need to sleep. Im literally fine" you persisted but he just ignored you, helping you get comfortable in bed. "I'm gonna make your lunch! I haven't cooked for you in a while so I thought I'd bring out my chef skills" he had a smirk placed on his lips, sharp teeth that were puppy-dog-like.

"Okay, whatever you say chef" You took a sip of the water he had placed by the bedside, taking medicine that he also laid out for you.

Your eyes stuck to the screen of your phone as you waited for him, attempting to see his body in the kitchen through the open door without falling off the bed. "Stop peeking, you know I can see you, right?" He looked into the bedroom, his curly hair bouncing when he went to close the door. You rolled your eyes in annoyance. He only wanted to surprise you. But he could've done it while you were there.

No more than 20 minutes had passed when Conan walked into your bedroom, handing you a plate of cooked chicken with a side of pasta and veggies. "I feel bad now, I don't even cook this good for you," you think back to the times where you would make something fast and easy, but you would still put effort into it.

"It's literally just steamed broccoli Athena. It's not that special, trust me" he smiled, climbing into bed next to you while you took a bite. You weren't used to people caring for you. You were always a closed-off individual who knew how to take care of herself, but having Conan with you was pretty nice.

"Thank you, seriously" you sniffed, Conan going in for a kiss before he pulled back. "Ew Athena, tissue" He handed you the box as your face fell flat. "Seriously?" "What? I'm not gonna kiss you after you swallowed your own boogers through your nose" You gagged at the thought, knowing that's what was happening every time you sniffed.

He placed your head on his chest, wrapping you up in the warm covers. You smiled, steadying your breathing to match his. He could feel your warm breath on his body, holding you tighter as you fell asleep.

You woke up to the sounds of pots clinking in the sink, your lover vinyl coming from the living room. Conan was no longer in bed but instead washing dishes, a plate of warm soup ready to be delivered to you. "How was your nap?" You rubbed your eyes, Conan was in awe of seeing you in his oversized sleep shirt. He just looked away, a smile plastered on his lips as you sat down.

"I made soup, something light 'cause I know your throat was hurting" You took a bite of the chicken in the hot broth, the liquid soothing your throat just as nicely as Conan's tongue would. But unfortunately, that wasn't possible, so this would be the second-best thing for now.

"Conan, you know you didn't have to come to take care of me right? You didn't have to cancel your meeting" he just shook his head. "Trust me, I'd rather be with you than with anyone else right now" he kissed the top of your head, ruffling up your hair.

Blush fell on your face, bringing some of that gorgeous pinky color back to your cheeks. You hummed along to the lover track, Conan singing along with you as he continued to clean up.

"You should eat too, I haven't seen you eat all day" "I did, while you were napping" "Good" you answered, Conan sitting beside you on his laptop, answering emails and whatnot. You got up, placing your empty bowl in the sink, coming around Conan and hugging him from behind. "Thanks for staying with me today" you nudged your head into the crook of his neck, placing a small kiss on his jawline. "You know I can't leave you alone Athena" he turned to face you, a light peck on the lips and nothing more.

Your face heated up, running your hands through his curls as his face gave yours warmth, hands intertwined as his energy projected into you. The pink vinyl played behind you. Taylor really knew how to tie in a scene.

A/n:
Short one shot!! I've been reading a lot of fics on tumbler and I love the 3rd person pov style of writing! It feels so comforting so I thought I'd try it out 🤗 also today i finally had to present my final and I was like 🧍🏻‍♀️🧍🏻‍♀️🧍🏻‍♀️