𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫

Athena's POV

"Hey, you're next by the way" the guitarist gave me a pat on the shoulder. I honestly don't know what I'm doing here, I'm gonna pour my heart out to a bunch of strangers that came here for acoustic night. Basically a bunch of bands/singers get together and perform 2-3 songs each in one night. Lucky for me the group tonight was a bunch of younger teenagers, I'm 19 so I'm not too much older than them...I hope that's that's they think.

I walked out on the stage nervously, being greeted by a bunch of familiar faces, thank god they came. I gave my friend group a wave, looking behind them and into the crowd. "Hi" I laughed nervously, sitting on the stool and adjusting the microphone stand.

"I don't really know what I'm doing, this is my first time on a stage" my friends giggled and I gave them a glare. "Okay anyways...this song is about when you feel like you're growing up too fast, trying to hang on to the years that you lost or something" The crowd cheered and I smiled, thank god this crowd isn't a bunch of old men.

***

"Wow you guys, thanks I feel like a celebrity" I moved my hair out of my face, clearing my throat. "Okay uhm I have one last song, I really like this one because well, I think most, if not all of us have had someone in our life that left...but at the same time we kinda hope for a random text or call". I strummed the glossy guitar in my lap, the same one he got me. Here I am now writing songs about him on it.

"Shouldn't you be sad right now? Said you never liked big crowds, acting like you like them now, without me"

I hate that he doesn't care, I don't want him back I just wished he missed me a little more, if he did it would prove his statement that he cared so much, he didn't at all.

"I want you to drunk text me, saying you still need me. Tell me I'm not like her, I made you happier"

"I want you to drunk text me. Just empty it all out, please. Tell me you fucked this up, tell me you're still in love...with me"

I adore this song so much, I've always wanted to share it with someone but I didn't want anyone to know how I felt about him, I still loved him. That was a year ago, to me this song is now a piece of art. Like a diary entry but a song.

"I wish you would drunk text me...Just empty it all out, please. Tell me you fucked this up,'Cause I think I'm still in love"

I guess I was so focused on the song I didn't realize half of the people in front of me were basically sobbing. I feel so bad,I had no idea this song was that sad. "Oh god don't cry!" I awed, wanting to hug everyone there. "Uh, we'll thank you guys for listening, I usually keep these to myself but I appreciate you guys for being here and listening to...not just me but so many other really amazing artists"

I waved, taking my guitar with me, the screams were over powering, I felt like a legit celebrity on tour. I walked backstage, the manager of the show coming up to me excitedly. "You have such a comforting energy, your voice is beautiful! Is there any chance I could speak to your manager?" I looked at her confused. "Oh no I don't have a team...I just write songs in my bedroom" she looked shocked but nodded, continuing to complement me. I took them, kinda uncomfortable with the amount of admiration she was showing me.

I glanced around at the other artist, next one up was this curly haired boy, tuning the red electric guitar around his body. He looked really...retro? I don't know, we made small eye contact, I smiled and he turned around nervously. Well okay then.

I went out to pack my guitar into my car, going back inside the bar to meet up with my friends. "You did so good! I feel like a proud mom" "I know you are, you don't think I saw you there sobbing?" I laughed,
"I can't believe you've never sung that one to me, I'm suing you" I scoffed, "it's not even that good, I wrote it in like an hour"