𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐬

Athena's POV

"So! What are we thinking for lunch?" I walked happily aside my two best friends. Conan and Ashley. They've been with me since middle school, we are the elite trio of the school. Everyone knows about us. "Maybe Whataburger?" Ash peeped in. "We had that last week" I groaned. "Well, there's only so many places to choose from" Conan added.

"We'll talk in 3rd, I'll see y'all later" Ashley waved as she walked into the classroom, me and Conan continuing to walk to class. "There's H/n doing weird shit again" Conan huffed. He hates H/n, I think he's pretty nice though...he's just a bit crazy.

As we walked I felt a hard brush against my shoulder. "What the hell?" Conan squinted his eyes at the tall football player. "Oh shit, I'm so sorry Athena! Are you okay?" He took a light hold of my arm.

"Thanks, but I'm fine" "are you sure?" H/n gave me soft eyes, a nod following. "Yes, I'm okay" I smiled, he let go of my arm. "Sorry about that" I caught up to Conan, a strict look on his face. "Are you okay, what's up?" "I'm fine" he continued to walk through the hallways. "Conan" I groaned, catching up to him. "I'm fine y/n"

He was indeed, not fine. I could tell by his face, he was clenching his jaw... "is he okay?" Mandy bit the skin on her lip. "I can hear you guys" I shrugged. After school, he seemed back to normal. I still had no idea what bothered him so much that he went silent. "Hey, how about...we go boo the football players"

"so you can go see your crush?" I was taken aback by his statement. A crush?! On a football player?! Who does he think I am!? "Why would I have a crush on a football player?" I rolled my eyes. "Come on! You've been so quiet all day" I pushed his shoulder lightly. "It's whatever" he's never like this.

"Okay, something's clearly making you upset, so talk" I pulled us over to a bench on the sidewalk. "The way he looked at you was so.." he furrowed his eyebrows, chewing on his bottom lip. "It was so? So what? Why do you care" I shook his body, annoying the boy next to me. "I care because I like you, Athena. And I don't want some other random football player you've never even talked you pull you away from me?" He started rambling, my mind blank.

He likes me? I guess I've had some interactions with him that were more romantic than platonic. I mean we call every night and...Oh wow, now I'm seriously contemplating if this has been a platonic relationship the whole
time. "Also! He's the worst on the team if you're gonna go for a football player go for Tristan..." his voice dragged on.

I've always had small phases of crushing on Conan, I tell Ashley all the time and she always tells me I should admit my feelings...is this why? He likes me...I like him. So technically nothing wrong could happen. Ugh, but what if he's I'm joking? Or it's some sad prank the two of them planned? My mind was filling with random impossible thoughts. The road fell silent, Conan finally shutting up.

"So you're jealous?" I looked back at him, a little smirk on my face. "Conan lee Gray? Is jealous?" He rolled his eyes, pushing me away from him. "I do want to go boo the football players" "alright! Let's go then"

"You're not gonna say anything?" I shook my head. "I'll tell you later" I took a hold of his hand, walking back to the school. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the football game, buying concessions and booing our school from the visitor's side.

"H/n looks so dumb" I looked at the field confused. "He has no idea what he's doing" Conan added, munching on his chips. "We should go" He nodded, piling up our trash before escaping through the groups of teenagers smoking by the exit.

The leaves crunched as we walked over them, the humid weather making me want to get home as fast as possible. "You still haven't said anything about that..." "be patient" I scoffed. I knew he already knew what I was gonna say, I just like being a tease.

As we got closer to my porch I held both his hands, I want to make this as 2010 romance movie as possible. "I like you too" his slightly concerned smile turned into a toothy one. His arms wrapped around my torso and picked up, a spin taking place before setting me back down. "Really?" "Yes really" I played with the chain around his neck, our eyes locking as the moon hit us with light.

I placed my hand on his chest, our faces only inches apart. My brain has imagined this exact moment many times. Happy for it to finally become a reality. His soft lips were placed on top of mine, linking together as his hands went on my waist. "Aha! I knew you two were dating" my mom stood at the door with a sly smirk. "Hi Mrs l/n" he pulled away from me shyly. "Hello Conan" she smiled. "Well come in, we need to talk" I rolled my eyes.

"She's kidding" I looked down before looking up at Conan's blushing face. "Thanks for today" he just nodded before letting go of my waist. "Bye, Conan" I held back my smile from becoming any bigger. "Bye Athena, goodnight"

A/n: wow Conan finally loved like the movies yay!! This was a little chapter inspired by some of my favorite movies!!