𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐩𝐭:𝟐

Athena's POV

Time skip, 4 months

I take that back, i fucked it up.  After the date Conan basically ghosted me, I wasn't surprised but at the same time I was, he does it a lot but I didn't think he would do it to me. Friendships that's started freshman year should probably last a while, too bad ours didn't. I tried to reach out, I tried to call him but he would just ignore me.

Ashley did reached out though, basically apologizing for Conan's actions. I don't see him anymore, and I don't think I want too. Im tired of his confusion keeping me up at night, I'm so tired.

I think a lot about that night, if I didn't ask him to come over we would still be friends, if I didn't even mention it at all. If I just kept it inside like I was doing it would've faded away. I over analyze it, all of it. And it's getting old.

I guess there's no pressure on my shoulders anymore, no added weight now that he left. I try to make the worst of the situation by saying things like that but it doesn't really help. I miss him.

"Okay listen! It's one night, it'll be fun...you haven't had fun since Conan and it's ruining your social life!" I rolled my eyes, she's not half wrong. "Okay yea, fine" I rolled my eyes, giving Mel her satisfaction. I haven't been to a party since senior year, this is gonna be fun.

"You have to wear a dress, what about that black one you have?" "You mean the one Conan got me?" She gave me a blank stare before telling me to just wear whatever. I guess I could put a little effort into my outfit. I choose some baggy leather type pants, a cool black and white graphic hoodie with my platform docs, simple but I tried. I did my normal makeup routine, just some little touch ups before we left.

When we got to the party it was full, the music was loud and the house was filled with smoke and the smell of weed overpowered me. I sat on the couch, I pulled my hood up to avoid social interaction but Melanie wanted me here to socialize so I guess I kinda have too.

"I've never seen you before, what's with the face, baby?" I cringed at his words, taking out my earbuds. "That was so cringe, I'm sorry" I shook my head with a small smile, he apologized, asking me what I was listening too. The conversation was going really good, I can definitely socialize. Turns out this was his house, his friends threw him a birthday party but he didn't really care for them.

He was good looking, messy light brown hair and his eyes were super light brown, kinda off putting but they were gorgeous. He took me around the house, showing me cute little spots and mystery passages. It's his parents house but he has a little apartment in downtown LA which is music more fitting for him. At least that's what he said.

"Okay so, the basement is where all the musicians chill...and you're a singer so you'll fit right in" he held my hand as we went down the stairs, the basement was more lit up then upstairs, still a lot of people and there was even a bar but the vibe was way less intense. He brought me to a little roughed up couch in the corner, surrounded by lamps and piles of books that he needed to finish organizing. "You told me you sing right?" I nodded, pulling out my discography on Spotify. I have an Ep and some singles but the record label has put me on a break so no music for now.

He told me he was in a band for a while but they kicked him out cause he was "too good" I thought he was joking but he showed me pictures and videos and yea, he was way better than everybody. "Hey, maybe you can join my band if I ever go on tour again" chances are slim but anything to be around him again.

We talked for what felt like hours, he's really good at talking. Not in a bad way, it's not like he's annoying. But he can carry a conversation well. "Have you written anything lately? About that boy you told me about?" Oh hell yea I've written about Conan, he's all I've been writing about.

"Maybe a couple songs" I took my song book out my tote, flipping to one of my favorites. Decode. I handed it to him, letting him read the lyrics. He gave me a smile before grabbing his guitar from beside the couch, tuning it and making a little melody for me. "You want me to sing?" "Yea, aren't you good at it?" I rolled my eyes, clearing up my throat before I started.

You're good at the falling, not the staying there. You're good at the giving too much, then getting scared. You're good at impersonating someone who cares.
And you had me for a minute there.

But now I wonder why, I let your confusion keep me up at night?
I'm so tired. Reread every single undertone and I, Overanalyzed it front, back and beside it. Where else can we go?
There's nothing left hеre to decode.
Donе looking for signs in...The gaps and the silence. It's just gettin' old
There's nothing left here to decode.

Next thing I know there's a little crowd of people surrounding us, taking videos that I only prayed didn't leak, I really like this song. I have a pretty large fan base, they're smart...a little too smart. They're definitely gonna find it. It's okay I guess, maybe this will force my label into letting me put some music out.

Conan's POV

"That sounds like Athena" I rolled my eyes. "No way Ashley, she hates parties" it did sound like Athena, but I didn't want to get close and see. I just listened to the lyrics of the song, yea fuck me it's Athena. I peeked my head over a group of girls, Athena and the birthday boy sitting on the couch. He was playing the guitar and she was singing. They kept making eye contact. And her eyes were aligned with his at all times.

I can't be mad, the song was about me. I could tell from the lyrics. I'd never except my actions to get me Into this mess. I'm really stupid, and insensitive to other peoples feelings, I feel like all I do is care about myself and my relationships.

"Can we go?" I groaned, pulling Ashley with me. "What no! You're gonna wait and apologize to her" I looked at her, she's crazy. "You really think I'm gonna do that?" I scoffed, walking away as she followed behind me. "You're an asshole you know? The best thing you could do is at least apologize" she rolled her eyes, walking to the car. Yea she right, I could apologize...but I'm too proud to say I'm sorry.

A/n:
:((((( poor Athena, not Conan being an asshole in this one 😭

Word count: 1215