𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

Athena's POV

I've been writing songs for years. About my nonexistent love life, trauma I have from childhood. I've never really opened up to writing anything about love. Lyrics usually came to me easily, this was way harder than I'd ever imagined.

"Athena, I'm bored" Conan huffed next to me. He was keeping me company after a study session. Sure he wasn't in college anymore but he was still way smarter than me, and a good tutor. "Go bake" "I don't know how to use the oven, I'll burn down our apartment" I dropped my pen to look at him confused. "What! I'm bored. Whatcha writing?" He hopped off the bed, resting his head on his arm, supported on my desk.

"Well, I'm trying to write a love song" "hm, I can't help you with that" I know, that's why I didn't ask. "Obviously" "Hey!" He answered, offended. "Yea you are right" he sat next to me, crisscross while looking up at me. "You're pretty, Conan" I didn't realize what I was saying, that was random...he shook his head.

"Wanna go wait for the rain?" I nodded excitedly. I threw a hoodie at him, putting mine up before I unlocked the window. We stepped over the plants along my window frame, getting to the balcony part. "You know who's been getting on my nerves lately?" I looked at him excitedly "spill"

We talked shit just to talk, we do it all the time. It's fun. We're stupid, we're probably gonna get caught one day but we don't really ever mean any of it. Shortly after our not-so-nice conversation, the rain started to pour down on us, this was one of our favorite things to do. I always feel some sort of way about Conan when we hang out. It's not how I used to feel about him. Like a best friend, no not that kind of feeling. Sometimes...I just feel confused?

I've had my doubts on having romantic feelings towards him, Conan doesn't do relationships. He's Conan Gray. He doesn't wanna get hurt. I guess I understand, I don't wanna get hurt either. But...there's always that small percentage of hope telling me we could both push past the pain.

After dancing around in the rain we decided to just hang out all day. Do the random shit we always talk about doing but never have time for. "This is kinda dangerous, you sure?" "Mulholland isn't that hard to drive up, it'll be fine" he turned down the Taylor swift track that was playing from the car's speaker. Making me able to concentrate.

As I drove up I turned my wheel, doing pretty good. "See! You're doing good" I felt proud as I drove straight, blacking out before I heard Conan yell. "I said watch out!" For a second I thought I had crashed and died. I just crashed the poor Honda into the sidewalk. "Conan you scared the shit out of me!" He laid back in his seat. "Now get us out" I looked at him annoyed.

I was finally able to pull out, thankfully there were no people behind us. "See, you almost got up in one go, Good job?" He shrugged. "Thank you" I'll take the compliment.

We hopped out of the car, taking in the view. It was beautiful, you could see all of LA from up here. We sat up on the hood of the car, Conan's head on my shoulder. "That was a struggle" He nodded, his hair tickling my neck. "We almost died" I turned to look at him. That stupid little smirk on his face. "I'll drive next time" next time...

"This would be a good make-out spot" "this is like the prime make-out spot" he shook his head at my response. "No, that's the Hollywood sign" I nodded in agreement. We spent an hour or two talking, getting annoyed at the bugs around us. It seemed as if that was the only thing me and Conan did. It was talk. But it was nice because I could be myself around him. He didn't care I was weirdly obsessed with singers or the fact that I could ramble about Taylor swift for hours. He was just like me, and I liked that.

We're both just trying to distract ourselves, doing anything to feel something. He tells me all the time half of his emotions are forced, and yea I relate. We're both numb half the time.