storm

I had just finished streaming MCC, and now I was sitting on the couch watching the news waiting for Wilbur to get back from his office. There was currently a bad storm with lots of wind, rain, and thunder. I was pretty worried about Wilbur driving home in the weather.

Suddenly, I hear the door open and see Wilbur walk in, completely soaking wet as the rain became louder behind him as he breathed heavily.

"Wilbur!" I smile as I run over to him. "Jesus, you're soaked!"

"I know." He laughs as he closes the door behind him.

"Are you cold? Go change before you get sick, how was driving home? Are you alright?" I slightly panic.

"Mel, Melody i'm alright love calm down." He says softly. "I'm gonna go change, i'll be back in a second okay?"

"Okay." I nod.

I go upstairs and wait in the bedroom for Wilbur, and eventually he comes in.

"They say the power might go out." He sighs as we walk up to each other.

"Okay." I say before wrapping my arms around Wilbur in a hug and press my face into his chest.

"You alright?" He asks.

"I'm scared about the storm." I admit.

"Hey, we'll be alright, I promise. It's just a stupid storm, nothing bad will happen okay? I'll be here the entire time." He says as I nod.

"Can we lay down together and watch your videos?" I ask.

"Of course my love." He smiles.

We lay under the covers, and turn on Wilbur's youtube videos as he wraps his arms around me.

"I love you so much Melody." He whispers.

"I love you too." I smile.

"You know even though we were still calling all day during the stream today I still missed you like crazy." Wilbur says.

"I missed you so much, I swear I was so close to just driving to your office just so I could see you." I laugh as I press myself closer to Wilbur, and he wraps his arms tighter around me.

"You're so perfect Melody, I can't believe someone as beautiful and talented and sweet and funny as you are exists. I love you so much." He whispers softly.

"Will!" I whine with a red face.

Suddenly, the lights flicker before the power goes out and Wilbur's laptop dies.

"Shit." Wilbur mutters under us breath as I tense up. "It's alright darling, I know it's dark but we'll be alright."

Immediately, the house starts getting colder.

"Hey, i'm gonna go downstairs and get some candles and extra blankets, do you wanna stay in here or come with me?" He asks.

"I'll go with you if that's alright." I say.

"That's perfectly fine." He smiles as he kisses my forehead before standing up. He turns the flashlight on his phone on, and we walk hand in hand downstairs. "Be careful love."

"I am." I smile as he holds my hand tighter.

He grabs some candles and extra blankets, making sure to not let go of my hand once.

Once we get back upstairs I open my nightstand drawer to look for some matches, and he stands behind me with his arms around my waist and his head on top of mine.

"You're very affectionate today." I smile as I take the matches out of the drawer.

"Well you're very pretty today, just like every other day." He smiles as my cheeks flush with pink.

"Will!" I whine while I get under all the many blankets on the bed.

"It's true!" He smile. "I'm not gonna light the candles since we're gonna go to sleep.

"Okay." I smile as he lays down next to me under all the blankets and wraps his arms around me. "Tell me something."

"Anything?" He asks.

"Anything, I just like hearing your voice." I smile softly.

He starts talking. "The last few years before you and I started dating, I called Tommy and Phil almost night to tell them what made me fall deeper in love with you that day. Some days it would be hearing your laugh or seeing your face, and some days it was just thinking about you. Eventually I started Lovejoy, and every single song in the first album is about you. Sex Sells is about how I was worried about it Noah would take care of you, One Day is about my wish that you maybe liked me back, Taunt is about how I don't think anyone could ever reject you, and No Cause For Concern is about how no matter what I will always love you."