Gig

"You ready my love?" Wilbur asks as we stood behind stage getting ready for the gig.

"Mhm!" I smile. I was about to fill in for Ash and play the electric guitar since Ash couldn't come, and Wilbur was gonna play the bass.

"Five minutes!" Joe says as him and Mark finish setting up the drums.

"You'll do great." Wilbur smiles as he puts a hand on the side of my face.

He leans down and kisses me, and it felt as if all my nervousness went away.

We go out on stage, and I'm sitting on a stool with my guitar behind Wilbur and a few feet to the side, so he was diagonally in front of me.

"Hi everyone!" Wilbur smiles into the mic as the crowd cheers. "As you can see, Melody is here!"

The crowd cheers as I wave my hand with a smile.

"Since Ash couldn't make it I was finally able to convince her to play the guitar for us!" Wilbur says as he looks at me and smiles.

We start playing, and after a few songs we start playing Sex Sells.

"Oh remember way back when in school, oh did anybody ever say no to you?" Wilbur asks as he looks back at me and sings to me, and I smile and sing with him as the crowd cheers.

Eventually, we come to our last song.

"Can we please get a round of applause for Melody before the last song?" Wilbur yells as everyone claps, causing me to grin.

I look into the crowd and see Nick and George clapping, and I smile at them with a wave.

We start playing Model Busses, another one of my favorites.

My fingers strum each string as I watch Wilbur sing to all the fans, and one thing the crowd and Wilbur had in common was the grins on their faces.

As the song came to an end and the crowd erupted into applause and cheers, Wilbur looks back at me and smiles.

He says his goodbyes, and we head backstage.

"Love that was amazing!" Wilbur says happily as he wraps his arms in a tight hug around me. It had been months since we started dating, and the 'honeymoon' phase hasn't and will never end.

"I love you so much Will." I smile as I hug him back.

"And I love you more." He smiles.

The band packs up all the equipment, while I stood off to the side since I didn't know how and I didn't wanna break anything.

"You ready my love?" Wilbur asks after putting tye bass and my guitar in his car.

"Yeah!" I smile tiredly.

"Tired?" He asks as we walk hand in hand to the car.

"Yeah." I yawn.

We get in the car and start out long drive home.

"You did so good." Wilbur smiles as he laces a hand with mine while the other is on the wheel.

"I had fun, I don't understand how you do that sometimes multiple times a week." I laugh.

"You get used to it." He smiles.

We sit in a comfortable silence, and I fight to stay awake.

"Love you can go to sleep." He says softly.

"I don't want you being alone though." I reply. "Plus if I sleep now I won't be able to when we get home."

"Alright." He says. "Do I ever tell you how pretty you are?"

"Only at least twenty times a day." I smile with a slight red face.

"Well you are." He smiles. "I don't understand how I got so lucky."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I'm so lucky to be able to even know someone as amazing as you, let alone date them." Wilbur says as I smile.

"You're so sweet Will." I smile.
Eventually I fall asleep to Wilbur's soft humming.

My eyes slowly flutter open to Wilbur picking me up bridal style out of the car.

"Will?" I mumble.

"I didn't mean to wake you, go back to sleep love we're home." He whispers.

We get inside, and Wilbur carrie's me upstairs and gently lays me down on our bed before laying down next to me, and I move so my head is on his chest.

"I love you so much, goodnight Melody." Wilbur whispers.

"Goodnight Wilbur, I love you too." I smile before immediately falling asleep.