6. Memories and Heartbreak

POV: Alicia

(smut warning 😎)

"You may kiss your bride," the preacher says and Harrison has a goofy grin on his face before he pulls me in by my waist, cups my face and kisses me gently with our guests cheering. This is one of the happiest days of my life.

We were on a yacht in the Amalfi coast for the last few days of our honeymoon. The places we've been to, the food we've eaten and the sex we've been having has been out of this world.
We talked about all the things we wanted to do together including traveling some more and having babies. He said he wanted a girl that looks like me, to which I giggled and asked him,

"Really? You want to have 2 of me running around?"

"Okay, maybe she can look like you and have my personality," he laughed when I threw the pillow at him.

Suddenly he stands up and starts packing and says "I don't want to be with you anymore Alicia. I'm leaving you."

"Wait what? Harrison?!" I scream and my eyes fly open.

When my heart rate calms down I realize I'm in bed at the penthouse.
"Okay, it's just a dream," I say to myself.

These kind of dreams have been an unwelcome occurrence.

It's 8:30am when I go down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast before I go to the last book signing event.

While eating a familiar voice calls me before I see my father in law sit in the chair opposite me.

"Hello darling," he says "mind if join you?"

"Hi, not at all." I smile at him. My father in law is an absolutely sweet man.

"How are you doing?" He asks with concern.

"I've been better," I say with a shy smile.

"You've been at the hotel for a while now. Any plans on going home? I know you miss each other. There must be a way to make things right again."

I know he means well but I'm not trying to cry today.

"If there's a way we'll find it." I reassure him. We catch up while having breakfast and then he walks me to the event upstairs.

I compose myself before walking into the hotel conference hall that we booked for the event. I thought homeground advantage was a great way to close out the events.

It was already brimming with people and they stand up and applaud as I walk to the front. Tears are threatening but I do my best to keep them at bay. Sad tears or happy tears, at this point I don't know.

I take a seat on the plush chair and exhale. I tell the audience a little about the book and what inspired it. After the host finishes asking me questions she opens the floor to the guests.

One lady asked me, "How do you think grief has shaped the decisions you make now?"

"Wow, I'd like to think I am more intentional and when it comes to people and moments, I like to be present and appreciate the time we have."

Another lady stood up and asked, "In your previous interviews and speeches you've always raved about your husband's support and him being your rock. How are you dealing with the news that he fathered a child while married to you?"

There were gasps and shock around the room. I wanted the earth to open up and let me in. My heart started racing and my hands were trembling.

How did people find out? Leslie. She just couldn't let it go without the drama.
Noticing my panic, the host graciously said I didn't have to answer as we are not here to debate tabloid topics.