Clementines And Dragon.

Find Me On Twitter @SweetOphelia13

I've played with the ages a bit to fit my plot because who is going to stop me.

Annerys & Jacaerys = 15

Lucerys = 10

Joffrey = 3

Aegon = 19

Heleana = 17

Aemond = 16

Rhaena & Baela = 13

Annerys knew she was not allowed to ride her dragon, Myrax that morning her mother had explicitly said so but she wanted to and Annerys had convinced herself that whilst she had never met her Aunt Laena, riding her dragon the morning of her funeral would be the best way to honour the rider of Vhagar. But now as she sped down the halls of High Tide castle with the silks of her black mourning dress bunched in her hands as her veil that sat on the crest of her head trailed behind after her. She could feel the many layers of her dress becoming entangled as she sprinted so without stopping she looked down and attempted to straighten them so that when she reached her mother she would at least look somewhat presentable, that was until she felt herself hurl into something solid, upon looking up she realised it was a person and then realised that person was Prince Aegon, a boy, well nearly a man now she supposes, that she hadn't seen for an age, not since her family had left for Dragonstone three years ago, which had felt at the time and now less like moving on and more like fleeing,, he was also accompanied by Ser Criston Cole.

Annerys had immediately wanted to blurt out the word 'shit' following her collision with the Prince but she had managed to control that impulse but this left her with nothing to say other than staring dumbly at him whilst wasting precious time that would allow her to hopefully avoid her Mothers ire. This led to Aegon taking the reins of what really should have been a quick apology from Annerys as he says "Niece, where are you charging off to, smelling like dragon."

Unable to control her impulse after his assessment she blurts out "Shit do i really, is it that noticeable i had dosed myself with scent."

Aegon lets out a half chuckle and what Annerys can't quite tell whether it is a mocking smile or an amused smirk. As she tries to figure out which of the two his smile is she is caught of guard as she feels his fingers brush over her collar bone as he pushes the dark curls that had rested over her shoulder back before leans in close to her neck close enough that she can feel his breath caress the sensitive skin there before he inhales at her pulse point and says "Hmm yes, oranges?"

Equal parts confused, annoyed and what she hopes isn't aroused Annerys steps away from his touch, clears her throat and says "No clementines. I shall take my leave now I'm expected.," and with that Annerys walks away as quickly as she can without seeming as though she's running away. When she hears Aegon call "Clementines and Dragon."

Once she reaches the courtyard her entire family is gathered there clearly waiting on her so she takes this strategically and decides to greet her Grandfather first who she know will be lenient on her tardiness and once the Lord of the castle has granted you clemency who can argue, the answer however is your mother which Annerys realises after looking across at her.

After she had kissed her Grandfather's cheek, she says "I'm very sorry for your loss Lady Grandmother." Rhaenys looks down at her and says "Thank you, Princess."

Once she moves over to where her parents and brothers are stood she decides to stand as far away from her Mother as possible in the hopes that if she's not close, her Mother will forget or at least not be able to smell that she had directly flounted the very specific instructions her mother had given her so when Jacerys moves to the left in order to allow her to stand in between himself as the oldest and Lucerys the second youngest who was stood besides Joffrey holding their mothers hand she instead chooses to stand on his other side until her mother gives her a look that tells her to come here.

Once she's stood in front of her mother she says "I told you no."

"I know, I'm sorry." She says glumly without giving a reason because she doesn't really have one, not a truthful one other than 'because I wanted to' which she is positive would do her no favours.

"I know dōna riña" (sweet girl) her mother tells her a little unexpectedly before kissing her temple and stroking her hair "We will be watched today don't give them anything to view."

Since Annerys isn't typically in the business of keeping secrets from her mother and was already feeling guilty about flying this morning she tells her "They are here already, I saw Aegon."

"Did he say anything to you?" Rhaenyra asks her daughter.

Yet apparently she is in the business of lying to her mother as although she's not sure she's actually done anything wrong she doesn't feel as though she should or maybe wants to tell her mother about her odd interaction with Aegon that morning so she instead says "no not really he was with Sir Criston Cole the one that had Ser Harwin sent away," she says remembering the resentment that has simmered towards Criston Cole since he Harwin had left which had subsequently lead to his death.

"Don't repeat that", her mother says sternly before she sigh and strokes some of the stray hairs that had come lose from her intricate braids back soothingly ."Go stand with your brothers."

This time she stands in her proper place between Jace and Luke and although he makes a false attempt to fight it she holds Luke's hand whilst they stand and wait for the other Lords and the rest of the royal family to come and join them outside and pay their respects.

They don't have to wait long until Lords and Ladies who either want to pay their respects to her Aunt Laena or find themselves in the good graces of a wealthy and powerful family begin to emerge in the courtside her Grandfather, his wife and their children are the last to arrive when they appear on the steps that lead you out of the castle out onto the keep the crowd all lower into a bow and then they like the rest of the guests move to greet the Velaryons and offer their condolences.

Annerys and most likely everyone else picks up on the animosity between the queen and her mother and the princes which the king makes his best attempt at ignoring.

This animosity within House Targaryen has now become expected among the Lords and Ladies of Westeros so nobody raises an eyebrow until Prince Aegon reaches Princess Annerys and gently takes her hand, places a soft kiss upon it and bows.

Whilst the King looks like he might burst with joy at the thought that perhaps his entire family does not indeed despise one another a solem courtyard quickly becomes filled with whispers.

Annerys can feel her mothers gaze burning into her as she continues to look at the young prince as she clearly now knows that more words than "nothing really" had been shared between them this morning in front of Cole than Annerys had admitted, which would be bad enough until Aegon says loud enough for all to hear "Once you are in happier spirits perhaps we should ride together princess." Annerys knows enough gossip about her Great Uncle Daemon prior to his second marriage that if you have managed to shock him you really must have done something scandalous, and there he stood staring at them, mouth slightly agape and eyes widened. Annerys is left dumbfounded as even without him saying something that was clearly purposely meant to sound like a innuendo they are a family at odds and she's sure his mother would like them to do anything together about as much as her mother would like her to but she can't exactly refuse the King's son in front of all these nobles.

Then like a Knight in shining armour Jaecerys says "I doubt my little sister will have time for that before we return to Dragonstone," which whilst patronising, his brotherly over protection has saved her from an uncomfortable situation.
"We will see." He tells her as much as he tells Jace and whilst he is smug and definitely the enemy she's not so sure she doesn't want to go riding with him, riding dragons that is.

Sensing that the moment of unexpected friendliness has now ended as tensions rise between the two boys the King calls "Come now Aegon we are holding the procession up," once Aegon reaches his father he warmly smacks him on the back.

Now that the moment has passed and she is no longer in Aegon's presence she notices her family staring it as well as the many Lords and Ladies of the land that were now very glad they had showed up to offer their respects with the piercing gaze she quickly felt mortified as they began to move to the shore line so that the ceremony could commence.