Sacraficial Lamb.

Part One of the wedding

Rhaenyra finds her daughter's bed empty when she seeks her out the morning of her wedding. Realising where she must be she sighs, orders her daughter's maids to prepare a bath and sets out to retrieve her daughter.

As she had expected she finds Anne entwined with her brother asleep in his bed. It was sweet when they were children and they would seek the other out late at night and the dragon keepers had always lamented that their dragons would refuse to be separated.

Jace has always been a light sleeper so he begins to wake as she shuts the heavy wooden door behind her. "Mother?" Jace says his voice is heavy with sleep as he sits up and rubs the sleep out of his eyes.

"Where is your shirt Jacaerys?" Rhaenyra questions.

"It was too warm." Jace explains.

"Go wake Luke, please."

Obedient as ever Jace sighs and makes his way towards the door as he passes Rhaenyra she reaches out and takes hold of his arm and rubs soothing circles on his arm. He kisses his mother on the cheek and leaves his room.

Rhaenyra moves over to the bed and sits next to Anne on the bed. She gently strokes her daughter's face and Annerys begins to wake from her slumber. "Hello dôna rïna, did you sleep well?" Rhaenyra says softly.

Anne yawns and nods in response.

"Come, the maids have prepared a bath." Rhaenyra tells her daughter.

Annerys is groomed to an inch of her life, she's sure she's never been touched, poked or prodded so much before. Bales and Rhaena had long declared that they would be the ones to do her hair for her wedding so she had sat there as still as a doll, for the most part, as they had pulled and twisted her hair into intricate braids around her head. She had to give her step-sisters credit her hair was extraordinary. Although it was equally cumbersome, uncomfortable and impractical as it was beautiful. It takes a total of three maids to get Annerys into her dress. Layers upon layers of Lyseni silk and gossamer silk the skirt had more volume and a higher waistline than her mother or the queen would wear but the style was becoming increasingly popular amongst the young girls of the gentry, Anne included especially in the heat of the summer.

Anne turns to face her mother and asks "Do you like it?"

Rhaenyra smiles and says "I think you are beautiful."

"But do you like the dress?" Anne asks.

Rhaenyra smiles again slightly less convincingly and says "I love it." She hates it.

"Really?" Annerys says brightly.

"Really." Rhaenyra confirms.

To make up for the lack of Targaryen or Velaryon regalia on her dress except for the midnight blue embroidery against the silk of the top portion of her dress that depicted her dragon from the back. His wings spread across her shoulder blades and tail that runs down the path of her spine amongst the layers of organza which would be covered by her maiden cloak during the ceremony. Annerys is adorned in jewellery that reflect her two houses. She wears metal earrings shaped into dragons with ruby eyes, he neck is wrapped in a chain of pearls and a gold chain necklace that sat between her breasts that held little seahorse pendant, her fingers were covered in onyx, rubies and sapphires. She's staring at her reflection in the mirror when Baela and Rhaena re-enter her chambers with a box in hand.