Thicker Than Water.

If you fancy it/ have anything to say please leave comments <3

Find Me On Twitter @SweetOphelia13
When Anne wakes up the next morning Aegon is gone, again. But this time she wakes up content rather than the soreness as loneliness that she had felt the last time.

The weight that kept her fixed to her bed the previous two days seems to have eased or perhaps it was the undeniable pangs of hunger Anne had felt that now outweigh her need to be alone. So when her maid requests entry with a plate of food she allows them entry and requests for them to prepare her a bath her thighs sticky with the proof that even though there's no sign of him this morning she had spent the night with her husband.

Annerys then dresses and heads for her Aunt Helaena's chambers.

Once she is admitted into the rooms she finds Helaena sat doing god only knows what with her insects. Whatever it is that she is doing has her full attention so much so that when Annerys enters her rooms she doesn't notice her presence until Anne says  "Come with me to the gardens?"

Helaena stands and follows Annerys out of her room. The two are walking through the halls when Helaena excitedly whispers "are we watching the men train again?"

Which makes Anne snort before she shakes her head and says "No, I thought the gardens would be the best place to find the heat more bearable." 

"Oh." She replies a little disappointedly before she decides that spending time with her niece is a treat regardless of how they spend it so Helaena follows her first response with a cheerful "alright."

The two girls make their way through the gardens and settle by the side of a dragon shaped marble fountain spewing water instead of fire. Annerys looks at it as she sits down and thinks how symbolic it is of house Velaryon, a house of old Valyria that found its purpose with water rather than fire.

The two sit on the edge of the fountain where the mist from the spray of water catches them. Anne pulls her skirt up to her mid thigh then slides off her slippers one by one then pulls her stockings down from her the top of thighs and pulls them off her feet. Once she has bared her legs Anne precariously manoeuvres herself so that she's sat on the ledge and her feet are subdued into the cool water.

Helaena looks at her nervously "What if someone sees?"

"My feet?" Anne laughs and Helaena nods "They'll get over it." Anne tells her as she knows that the courtiers will gossip behind her back regardless so it might as well be something she's actually done.

"What would Septa Imelda say if she could see you now?" Helaena says and Anne's sure Helaena's smirking at her which takes Annerys by surprise since glibness isn't something one would often associate with her aunt Helaena.

"Gods she was such a bitch wasn't she I wonder where she is now." Annerys says

"You can't call her that," Helaena whispers, scandalised.