Broken Rules.

Anne is crouched on her hands and knees in front of Joffrey who is sat on a stool as she cleans his face, hands and feet, as although they have maids who are traditionally supposed to do this their mother had always done this for them at night until her and jace had gotten too old but she knows that their mother still does this for Luke and Joffrey so in her mothers absence she carries this out herself.

"What did mother want Anne?" Jace quietly questions.

"Nothing, Jace." She tells him as she cleans Joffrey's feet.

"Why will he not leave you alone?" Jace continues to enquire.

"Who?" Annerys asks blatantly feigning ignorance. Now fully clean she lifts up one of Joffrey's little legs by his ankles and blows a raspberry on the bottom of his calf. She helps him down from the stool before he runs off into his bed as she gestures for Luke to take his place; a maid exchanges the bowl of water and cloth for clean ones.

"Anne, it's not right the way he looks at you...publicly as well."

"Okay then I have one word and five letters for you."

"What?" Jace sighs knowing that sly smile that Annerys was currently wearing can only mean she knew he was about to lose another argument.

"Baela." Anne sings songs. To this Luke giggles "See even he knows." She says playfully as she flicks water at Jace and begins to sing with Luke closely following "Jace and Baela sitting in a tree k.i.s.s.i.n.g..."

The two continue until Jace says "Remind me to never try and help you again," before he leaves in a huff which only encourages the two to laugh more.

Once she's finished she asks Luke "Would you like to get on my back?" He nods excitedly before she turns around and he clambers on, he's getting much too big for her to sit this she realises as she strains to stand up but once she's up she gallops over to his bed like a horse before dropping him onto it.

"Annne." Luke draws out clearly trying to stay up for as long as he can as he always does.

Copying him Annerys says "Luuke."

"When I was doing my counting with the maester I figured out you have more brothers than I do." He tells her and whilst it's a pointless fact that he didn't need to tell her.

Nevertheless she smiles at him and says "yes I suppose I do, how clever of you."

"Well do you have a favourite brother?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"Guess."

"Jace, because you do that thing with him."

"What thing?" Anne laughs.

"You always know what the other is thinking."

"We don't, we're both just really good at guessing because we know each other so well."

"So Jace is your favourite."

"No. Guess again."

"Joffrey, because he's little."

"He is very little and he's very cute but my favourite is...you." She tells him as she pinches his cheeks "now go to sleep." She stands up and asks "would you like me to blow the candles out." He shakes his head in response and Annerys smiles at the thought of how sweet it is for him to still be afraid of the dark.

When she returns to her room her maid is waiting for her next to a bath which she eagerly climbs into. The water has gone cold when she hears knocking at her bedroom door her maid Zella goes to answer it she can hear her talking to someone who she thinks she recognises as one of Prince Aegons manservant's before Zella returns with a piece of parchment in her hands. Annerys looks up quizzically at Zella before her maid says "I was told to give you this, Princess." Zella places the note on the side as she dries Annerys hands then hands the note to Anne, the note reads 'I let you win, of course.- A' and it had left a smile on her face the entire time Zella had helped prepare her for bed.