Underneath the cold | YenYul ( part 3 )

Ohhh we're about to get backstory today 👀

The chapters are fairly short but I try to update quite often ^^

Hope you'll enjoy. And if you have any requests pls comment ~ a pairing or an AU or whatever.

And pls tell me what you think below ~ ^^

// Author-Nim Felix
___________________________________

Chapter 3

~ flashback to 8 years ago, February 14 , Yena Pov ~

Yena was sitting alone in the schoolyard. A bunch of other kids going around handing chocolates to each other.. Yena has chocolate in her hands too but she hadn't recieved that from anyone, she was going to give it to a girl in another class. Jo Yuri, the only girl who would smile at her. Everyone else stayed away because of How cold she always seemed. Yena was really just cautious ... because of what she had witnessed as a child...

She was snapped back to reality by a soft "hey"

Yena looked up and saw Yuri, the one she was going to give chocolate to "you looked lonely, so... I figured Id... you know.. talk to you " she seemed a bit nervous but Yena just figured it's because of yenas cold front.

"Oh, hi. Thanks" she gave her a small smile.. and she thought "NOW YOU GIVE HER THE CHOCOLATE... DO IT YENA.." however to her surprise.. Yuri had beaten her to the punch "would you accept this chocolate..? I see you already have one but. I didn't see anyone approach you yet so. I figured maybe... you didn't get one yet" she smiles sweetly.

And Yena felt her heartbeat increas as she accepted the chocolate with a small nod "t-thanks" another small smile forming on her face.

Little did they both know this moment would mean a lot to them for a really long time

Yuri had just wanted to be nice, while Yena wanted to appreciate Yuri for making her feel less lonley... however after that day they couldn't get each other out of their heads. Both of them too shy to do anything about it tho...

And well they're still in school. Now I'm the same class together. About to graduate next year..

The difference is, Yena has built up that courage she lacked back in the day. She also knows for a fact Yuri is worthy of her trust by now. After 8 years she's certain..

~ Yuri pov, present time. School cafeteria ~

Yuri finishes eating her wrap and watches Yena, she seems a little spaced out but it doesn't bother Yuri.. it makes her think yena feels pretty comfortable at least for now.

Yena also finishes eating as Yuri kinda just sits there staring again. And Yena snaps her out of it when she puts her notes on the table "Ill tell you what the notes mean too, kinda just words to you I assume"

Yuri nods as she realizes Yena caught her staring again. She feels a light burn in her cheeks but she replies "thank you, I really appreciate it hehe"

Yena let's her lips curv slightly up again as she starts to go through the notes. Yuri makes sure she's also taking notes so she doesn't get distracted... by something else > Yena < again..

After about 20 minutes they finish up the recap and they pack up their things. As they do a girl from their class approaches Yuri and straight up just asks her "so how come you're close to Yena all of a sudden? What did you beg her to teach you cuz you're not smart enough to understand it yourself??" It was Kim Chaemin ( a random name not directed at any idol or actress or anything ) ... Yuri knew she's one of the girls in class who really has a thing for Yena... just like she does.. she couldn't find the words to reply - partly cuz of why she was in this situation (.. aka staring ) and also cuz she didn't know what to say at all.
Instead she felt Yena move behind her and then she saw her walk up to stand in front of Yuri. Staring down Chaemin replying "why I want to help Yuri study is none of your damn business. " with her usual cold tone and face. But it's slightly tinted with irritation, almost anger. And it sends shivers to Yuri for more reasons then one ( I'll leave the reasons up to your imagination 🤷🏻‍♂️ )

Chaemin just slowly backs away and nods in understanding. Then turns and half runs back to a table at the back of the cafeteria.

"T-thank you " is all Yuri manages to say
_______________________________

WELL DAMN - did that make any sense - idk if the flashback makes any sense - lmao here ya go tho - another chapter 👌🏼

Tell me your thoughts and feel free to request ^^

// Author-Nim Felix

(( LOW KEY DUNNO WHAT I WROTE FOR THE FLASHBACK BUT THERE ARE LOTS OF WORDS THAT SHOULD MAKE SENSE HOPEFULLY ))