twelve.

ugh, hi - i haven't updated this since october of 2022 ... how has everyone been doing?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

To Chizuru, Y/n was very .. guarded. Or maybe the right word was cold? Mature for her young age? Distant?

She honestly didn't know how to describe it despite the fact that they were close in age. And yet Chizuru felt as if they were too far away from each other despite being in arm's reach.

"Hi ... y/n ..."

All she received was a blank stare.

Maybe she couldn't talk?

No .. that couldn't be the case.

Biting her lip, she thought for a moment before an idea came to mind.

Smiling she reached out for y/n. Her hand grabbing onto y/n's arm as she quickly tugged her from her sitting position on the comforts of the bed.

"I wanna show you something!"

Chizuru pulled the girl out of their shared room and down the hall to the front door of the house.

"We'll be back, father!"

"Just be in time for dinner."

Y/n said nothing at the exchange, but merely let herself be pulled along.

"Come on!"

Opening the door, Chizuru hurriedly rushed outside as a giddy smile overtook her features. Y/n continued with her silence.

"Annnnd herrreeee weeeee are!"

Y/n looked up as Chizuru let go of her hand. Y/n's eyes widening slightly at the sight of a cherry blossom tree. The petals falling softly as the wind gently carried them.

"Isn't it pretty?"

Y/n was lost in the sight.

And much to Chizuru's surprise, she watched as y/n reached up with a single hand to try and catch one of the sakura petals, but to no avail - each petal slipped past her fingers.

Chizuru smiled at the sight as she reached up too and easily caught one within seconds.

"Here."

A boy with blonde hair and peircing red eyes held out a petal to her.

"Earlier when you were with your mother, you were trying to catch one, but you kind of suck at it."

She took a step away from Chizuru as she lifted her hand to clutch at her head. Her eyes wincing as a pain immediately started to throb.

"Y/n?! What's the matter?! Do you remember something?!"

As quickly as the memory came it had already disappeared.

Her memories still out of reach.

She shook her head 'no,' and Chizuru's eyes softened as she gently placed the sakura petal in y/n's palm.

"I'm sure .. that they were all good memories. So .. don't be afraid to remember, ok?"