Chapter Seven: Always and Forever

Chapter Warnings: Whoo boy, where do I start? This chapter has mentions of kidnapping, death/murder, serial killers, restraints, violence, injury, blood and cannibalism (basically everything Steve does to people in Fresh is a warning). There's also smut this chapter: unprotected vaginal sex, oral, fingering and orgasms. And of course, Steve Kemp and Nick Fowler, because those two are warnings all on their own. As always, if I miss any triggers, please let me know.

~~~

Nick watches as Y/N and Steve disappear down the hallway. Once they're out of sight, he immediately follows them, his head swivelling around constantly to check where they could've gone. Surely they can't have gone too far. However, despite Nick being right behind them both, there's no sign of them anywhere. It's almost as if they've disappeared into thin air. "Dammit!" Nick exclaims angrily. One of the most notorious serial killers in recent memory, and one that Nick Fowler knows very well, has probably just escaped from prison, and it happened right under his watch. Nick's fist clenches in anger. Fuck, they're going to have his badge for this.

Y/N's face enters his mind, scared and with a weapon held to her neck. She was clearly trying to signal to him for help, and it hurt that he did nothing to help her. Not that Nick feels sorry for her or anything. More...frustrated. Why did she have to get involved? Why couldn't she have just done what she was told and stop trying to be the hero? Sighing, Nick pulls out his phone. Oh well. As far as he's concerned, it's her own fault. She disobeyed him and went to see Steve, so now she has to deal with the consequences. Nick just wishes that he wasn't the one who has to clean up the mess.

Sighing, Nick dials a number into his phone. "This is Agent Nick Fowler, and I have an urgent announcement. Steve Kemp has escaped from prison with one hostage." He tells the person on the other end of the line.

"Are you aware of the identity of the hostage?" The voice on the other end asks. Nick is silent, unwilling to admit that he's not even been the head of this case for a week, and things are already going wrong. "...Sir? Hello? Are you there?" The voice asks. Well, he's going to have to tell them eventually. Nick raises the phone to his ear again.

"The hostage is FBI Agent Y/N Y/L/N."

Meanwhile, Steve leads Y/N throughout the prison, taking her through all the secret and unpatrolled passages that he knows so well. Thankfully, Steve removed the scalpel from her neck a while ago, which makes Y/N feel slightly better. Yet she's still terrified. Her eyes dart around the building as she and Steve keep moving, trying to find herself an escape plan. It feels like she and Steve admitted their love for each other only a few minutes ago, and now here she is, being kidnapped by him and unsure if she'll live or die. What a fucking weird day this is turning out to be. Y/N glances over at Steve. Despite her panic, Y/N can still recognise the familiar feelings of love she has when she looks at Steve. In a way, it's like nothing has changed, even though everything has.

"Ah! Here we go." Steve announces, opening a door and pulling her inside, the chain on her handcuffs clinking as she moves. Y/N glances around the room. It's a tiny office. Judging by the dust and the lack of cameras, the room hasn't been used in years. It's also far away from the rest of the prison. Almost immediately, Y/N's fear increases again, and she warily glances around the room. Is this it? Is this where she dies? If she screams, will anyone even hear her? Her eyes go back to Steve. He's standing in the corner of the room, muttering something. Y/N can't hear all of his mutterings, but she catches some snippets: something about how everything went according to plan and how great things will be now. She's never seen Steve like this, so manic, and she's far too under-prepared to deal with it. Then again, she's pretty under-prepared to deal with being fucking kidnapped by a cannibalistic serial killer that she's in love with. Will she have to beg the man she loves for her life? But did the Steve she knew, the one she fell in love with, even exist? Or was it just an elaborate ruse to get her to trust him? Of course, Steve told her he loves her too, but what if he's lying? He might've said that to mask an obsession.