Confirmation

The rest of the box was star stuff and a few more pictures. Sirius was taking the box to the spare room where Remus would be staying when he got a visitor. Two knocks on the door. A break. Another three knocks. That was the code Sirius and Regulus made up to communicate with each other. He opens the door.

"I need to talk to you," Regulus said, brushing past Sirius and into the flat.

"Yes, I am doing well, Reg. Thanks for asking."

"I have more important things to talk about than your well-being. What's going on between you and Lupin?"

"I've told you all there is to tell."

"I saw you two. You thought you were alone and you were holding hands and giggling. That doesn't look like friends to me."

"Remus saw you. We put up the act when we were walking in front of you."

"Oh. So you are faking it? You always look so much happier with him than with Potter or Evans."

"I guess I am. He's funny. Smart. He knows stuff people don't know. It's weird." Just thinking of Remus makes Sirius smile dazedly.

"Oh." Realization dawned on Regulus' face. "Oh! You still like him. This must be torture for you. Faking being in love with him when you are in love with him."

"I'm not. That's not what this is. Nope." Regulus raises a questioning eyebrow. There isn't a point to lie to him, Sirius realizes. He knew about Sirius' crush after Sirius told him, back when the rumors of Sirius and Remus dating started, but he didn't expect him to like him for so long. "Dammit Reg. It's impossible. I want to actually be with him but instead everyone thinks we're together and we're not and I want to stop lying but if I tell him he'll push me away and I'm scared of that happening and I don't want to lose him because he's a literal god and he makes everything better and I'm in love with him and his stupid eyes and fluffy hair which I still want to feel because it looks so soft and-"

"Ok, ok! I get it! It's alright. You're sure he's straight?"

"Pretty sure."

"And clues he isn't? Or is?"

"He hasn't said anything but he wanted to know where I got that rainbow pin on my bag because he wanted one. Though that could be unrelated. He has a bi flag poster, too, though he might just like those colors."

"Any signs that he is straight?"

"Well he hasn't told me he isn't."

"So there's kind of the some proof that he isn't fully straight and the only proof he is is that he hadn't said anything?"

"Yeah."

"Why don't you just ask him?"

"How would I do that? 'Hey, Moons, just wanted to know if you were straight. Why? That's a good question. I don't have an answer.'"

"Moons?"

"Long story."

"You have nicknames?"

"Yes."

"Oh dear goodness what in the world to do with you. Sit down." He sits. "Tomorrow, you're going to talk to him. Ask him nonchalantly, ask if he has a girlfriend. If he's gay he might say so. If he's bi he might say so or he might answer or he might brush it off. If he brushes it off DON'T ask again. He clearly doesn't want to talk about it so don't ask. He might not be sure and that's fine. Normal. If he tells you he's gay, fantastic! Ask him out. If he tells you he's bi, fantastic ask him out unless he mentions a significant other in which case leave him alone. Got it?"

"I can just call him."

"You have his number!?"

"I gave him mine."

"Why didn't you lead with that?"

"Didn't think it was important. I gave him my number and a couple minutes after we left school he called." Regulus pinches the bridge of his nose.

"You know what? Fine! Call him! Go ahead. I'm going to go before mother notices I'm gone."

"For the best. See you tomorrow!"

"See you!" Regulus leaves Sirius alone. He calls Remus.

"Rem?"

"What's up?"

"Umm..." he stutters. He's already forgotten what Regulus told him to do. "Just wondering if the fake dating was an issue for you. Like, if you have a girlfriend or whatever."

"Nah, I haven't had a girlfriend in years." Sirius doesn't know what to say. That isn't helpful. He should just ask.

"Are you straight?" Don't as like that? What he hell he's gonna think you're insane!

"Bisexual."

"Oh. Ok. That's all."

"That's all?"

"I did go through your stuff. I wasn't going to but I saw the box and I just had to. I didn't look through the notebook, but little Rem was adorable!"

"Yeah those are only some of the photos. There's hundreds of them. I'll bring the best ones tomorrow."

"Thanks. I'm gonna go, have to make a couple other phone calls. See you tomorrow!"

"See you, Pads." And with that, Remus hung up. Sirius puts his phone down and smiles, he has no other phone calls. Just peace of mind.

If you have any ideas for stories or and ships you want to see a story for I'll see what I can do with them! I might not have heard of them but I'll do what I can.

Tell me the ship name and the two character names, please. Also the series. I've read a bunch but I still might not know them. Thanks!

—BookObsessor95