¹CORDELIA MARCH

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓
Chapter One||Cordelia March
"No marriage to men!"

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓Chapter One||Cordelia March"No marriage to men!"

  "𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐒!" 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐊𝐄. "Oh no dear I cannot do that, you've got smaller feet than me, and I'm afraid if I wear them they would simply get ruined and tattered and wouldn't fit you after that," Meg the oldest sister sighed in disappointment.

     "Just wear your regular shoes!" Jo spoke, collapsing into one of the couches. "These fit last winter!" Meg exclaimed, still trying to fit her shoes on. "That was last winter, Meg," Beth told her eldest sister softly. "My feet should not have grown that much in a span of a year, Beth."

     "My nose grew a bit more over this year, so I think it's clear your feet have grown bigger, Meg," Amy spoke looking at her nose in the mirror. Cora gasped and threw a pillow at her youngest sister. "Amy! You can't say that!"

     "But it's true! What is the point in Meg trying to fit her feet into shoes that clearly do not fit her anymore!"

     The five March sisters. Margaret, Josephine, Cordelia, Elizabeth and Amy. The latter of the four going by the nicknames, Meg, Jo, Cora and Beth. Meg, the eldest of the five, was a very pretty young lady with brown hair and white hands, of which she was quite vain. Jo, the second oldest, was very tall, thin and had a decided mouth, and possessed many unladylike qualities.

     Cora, the third oldest, had long brown hair and hazel eyes. She had the aspirations of becoming a famous ballet dancer in Paris and always dreamed she lived in Paris with her sisters. 

     Beth, the second youngest, was a rosy, smooth haired, bright-eyed girl who had a shy manner, timid voice and a peaceful expression. Lastly, was Amy, the youngest sister. She had beautiful yellow hair that curled on her shoulders and she was pale and slender and always carried herself with dignity and a young lady. However, out of the five sisters, Amy was the most spoilt and conceited one, always bothering her sister Jo about her 'unladylike' manners.

     "Don't mind Amy, Meg, but I do partially agree with her-" Jo started before getting interrupted by Cora. "Why can we not all go?" She sighed unhappily. It had been one of Cora's many dreams, to go to a party where they could all dress up and dance to their hearts content.

  "Believe me Cora, if I had a choice I would not go," Jo said rolling her eyes at the prospect of spending most of her night in an uncomfortable tight dress, surrounded by snobbish men and boys alike.

     "We'll tell you all about it when we get back," Meg promised, "I'm sure it will be absolutely delightful."

     "Don't make false things up Meg, it isn't ladylike."