¹⁰ JO'S CONFUSING NATURE

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓
Chapter Ten||Jo's confusing nature
"If all you want to talk about is Laurie, then I shall be on my way."

☆

𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐒. "Meg, you're a million times better than she was," Jo stated as soon as they walked into the house. "She was a terrific fainter though," Cora pointed out, nudging Jo. "She was, wasn't she?"

"I wonder how she turned so white," Meg spoke sitting herself down taking her shoes off. "Perhaps it was makeup," suggested Cora sitting besides Beth, who was busy knitting something. "What are you knitting Beth?"

"A scarf," Beth responded with a smile. "How was the theatre?" "The Miller boy was there, so terrible," Cora muttered, falling back onto the couch and closing her eyes. "However, Mr Brooke seems to have taken a fancy to our Meg."

"Oh, don't say that Cora!" Meg exclaimed, shooting her sister a look of disagreement. "Mr Brooke is so obsequious, I dont see what you see in him," Jo complained, rushing up the stairs to jot down an idea.

"I dont see anything in him!" Meg denied, "However, I think he's very well mannered."

"You see manners in him," Cora commented with a smirk, "Oh hush you, I could say the same thing about Laurie!"

At this comment Cora sat up and gasped, "Laurie has manners? Since when?"

"That's not what I meant and you know it," Meg huffed in exasperation, "And be nice, he has manners, he's quite the charm."

"I dont think Mr Brooke would like you talking about Laurie in that way-" Before Cora could finish her sentence a shoe got chucked her way, but she dodged it in time so it hit the back of the couch.

"Meg! You almost beheaded me!" Meg just ignored her and looked over at Amy, who was weirdly quiet for once. "How was your evening, Amy?"

Before Amy could answer, Jo came marching downstairs, a frantic look upon her face. "Have any of you seen my papers?"

"Isn't it in your draw?" Cora asked while the other three responded with a no. "I checked, it wasn't there," Jo responded.

"Did you misplace it?" "I put it in my draw before we went to the theatre," "Do you want help looking for it? Maybe Marmee cleaned your draws?" "She didn't," Beth spoke up from besides Cora. "She's been downstairs for most of the evening."