⁶PURPLE RIBBON

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓
Chapter Six||Purple Ribbon
"Mr Miller is not a gentleman! In fact, he's far from it!"

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓Chapter Six||Purple Ribbon"Mr Miller is not a gentleman! In fact, he's far from it!"

     𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐂, 𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄. Cora sat in a chair next to Meg and had her legs on top of the arm rests of her chair.

     At that moment, Meg was calling for order while the siblings were making much noise.

     "A new play written by Miss Jo March will appear at the Barnville Theatre in the course of the next few weeks," Meg spoke, a piece of paper in hand. "It will surpass anything ever seen before on the American stage."

     Jo nodded her head and continued, "Starring the greatest actress from here to the Mississippi River, Miss Meg March!" She cheered as everyone clapped and Meg gave a bow.

     "Bravo Meg!" Cora exclaimed, cheering for her sister. "And not to forget Miss Cora March, starring as one of the greatest dancers in the whole universe!" Jo added on as Cora got up from her seat and bowed.

     "Weekly report, Meg good, Jo bad, Cora middling, Beth very good and Amy sort of middling," Meg finished happy with her own report.

     "Very well done sirs," Amy spoke in a manly tone, knocking her pipe with Beth's. "Miss Cora March, please stand," Meg announced, sitting back on her chair and making Cora stand back up.

     "Would you be so kind to give us a report on your classes?" Jo asked, slouching in her seat. "With no doubt," Cora smiled and took the piece of paper from Meg.

     "During this week, Miss Cora March has experienced many foot injuries due to her partner who has two left feet," She said as all the girls gasped. "She assures you that they're not all that bad, but it does hurt to go on pointe."

     "Carrying on during the course of this week, Miss Cora March has learnt one new thing. This one new thing being how to hold an arabesque for longer than before, although it added pain to her foot injuries."

     "If I may interrupt you, Miss, but who was your dance partner?" Beth inquired curiously with a smile. "Mr Charles Miller," Cora replied with a roll of her eyes.

    "Isn't that the wealthy man?" Amy asked, "What's he doing in a dance school?"

    "His parents want him to learn how to dance," Cora said with a scoff, "He has two left feet, and he annoys me to no end!"

    "I've heard Teddy talking about him before," Jo spoke, glancing at the curtain of clothes in front of her.

    "Who's Teddy?" The four girls chorused confused. "Oh!" Jo exclaimed, laughing, "It's dear old Laurie, of course!"