²APOLOGIES ALL AROUND

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓
Chapter Two||Apologies All Around
"Amy, I will not hesitate to throw you across the room if you mention that again!"

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓Chapter Two||Apologies All Around"Amy, I will not hesitate to throw you across the room if you mention that again!"

     "𝐎𝐇, 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐊𝐄!" 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐇𝐔𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃. Of course, she had to go and knock down a painting which Amy had poured her life and soul into. "CORA!" Marmee exclaimed, going over to help her daughter, but before she could the unfamiliar gentleman held out his hand to her.

     Cora quickly took it gratefully and stood up, too embarrassed to look at the face of the boy she had knocked into. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for bumping into you! I didn't even notice you there, and I hope I haven't hurt you, are you hurt? Do you need ice? Heavens, I am so sorry! And oh! Amy! I've been such a klutz that I've knocked over your painting! I'm really sorry! Oh! And-" Cora continued to ramble on with apologies before she got stopped by the boy.

     "It's no worries honestly, I didn't fall over unlike you, so I'm quite fine," He said smiling. Cora decided to finally look at the boy who she had bumped into. And lo and be hold it was none other than Theodore Laurence. Of course, he had to be there when she was just talking about him! But so saying Cora continued to look at him taking in his features, he had definitely matured over the year, and he looked as handsome as ever.

     And no, Cora didn't have a crush anymore she was just admiring the Laurence boy's beauty. Cora immediately went beet root red when she realised who he was and started apologising all over again before Jo came in and saved her. Mostly for her own benefit, as she was quite tired of hearing her apologies.

     "Yes we get it Cora, you're sorry," Jo sighed walking up to her sister. "Laurie this is my sister Cora, Cora this is Laurie," She introduced, pointing at Cora and then Laurie. "Pleasure to meet you," Laurie greeted, holding out his hand for Cora to shake.

     Laurie already knew who Cora was. Ever since that fateful day, he went to watch her performance. He had seen her many times and used to look at her through the window, as creepy as that seemed. He thought she was beautiful, as a dancer, of course.

     "You too," Cora mumbled, still in shock, shaking Laurie's hand. "Cora, come here and help Meg, she's injured her ankle! Hannah called, and Cora hastily turned away from Laurie and went over to help Meg.

     "I can't believe you damaged my favourite painting," Amy muttered, glaring at her sister. "I already apologised, and I'm really sorry-" "You know what, please just be quiet my ears hurt from your incessant apologies!" Amy huffed, turning away from her sister and walking over to Marmee.

     "I feel really bad," Cora sighed, looking at her older sister, who was sitting down on the couch in pain. "She'll get over it don't worry dear," Meg comforted rubbing her sister's shoulder. "How did the Laurence boy get here?" Cora asked. "And what did you do to your ankle?"