⁸LIA AND LAURIE

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓
Chapter Eight||Lia And Laurie
"Do you think I could spin on ice?"

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓Chapter Eight||Lia And Laurie"Do you think I could spin on ice?"

     𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓, 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒. It was Friday, the day Laurie was meant to be taking her out for a picnic and ice skating, and the morning had started off horrible. First off, she woke up late thanks to Amy 'accidentally' turning her alarm clock off. Secondly, she spilt tea on her dress and thereafter while trying to clean up the mess knocked her cup down which shattered into tiny pieces.

     Thankfully, no one got hurt, besides her dress. And then to put a cherry on top of her problems she managed to misplace her skates, how? She didn't know that herself. The last she remembered, she had put her skates besides her bed. But Meg, being the godsend she is, lent Cora hers, although they were quite a bit big.

     But finally, after hours of getting ready and a lot of hassle, Cora was finally ready.

     "So dear, you never told us who you're going out with," Marmee said, placing a hat onto Cora's head to ensure she didn't freeze. "And it's going to stay like that," Cora smiled cheekily, turning towards her mum and taking the picnic basket she was holding from her.

     "I bet it's Laurie," Amy spoke from the dining table, still enjoying her breakfast. "They've been quite cosy these couple of weeks, sending letters to each other and whatever not."

     "You're going out with Laurie?" Meg asked from the corner of the room she was sitting in. "He's taking her out," Beth said with a small smile, she already knew what was happening since Cora told her everything the previous night.

     Cora huffed, swatting her mother's hand away when she tried smoothing out her dress, "Oh don't phrase it like that Beth! He's taking me-"

     "Out?" Amy supplied with an enormous grin, "Isn't this so romantic, Marmee? First they send letters now he's taking her ice skating, which is her favourite thing to do and oh not to mention-"

     "I don't think it's very romantic to be honest," Jo commented, earning a smack from Meg on the shoulder. "Don't be so rude, Jo, I think it's quite cute," Meg said with a smile. "He is quite a charming boy."

   Just then, the doorbell rang.

     "Beth, what time is it?" Cora asked hopefully, "Eleven," Beth smiled mischievously, "Go get the door!" Amy shrieked in excitement, clapping her hands together.

     Cora just smiled, the previous dispute forgotten, "Alright, I will."

     The second she opened the door, she was met with a bunch of purple flowers. Some were roses, some tulips and some lavenders. Laurie really did go all out with flowers.