41. "He should know."

Chapter Forty One

Elena's POV

I knew I was pregnant. My menstruation was regular. I never had lapses before. The reason I was at my OBGYN's clinic yesterday and had blood works. Our family doctor just confirmed my suspicion.

"I talked to your OBGYN, and she confirmed it with your lab results," the doctor said.

I nodded, "Thank you, Doctor Heinz. I expected that already."

Sheila was also there. She entered the room just when the doctor announced.

"I can't believe you're pregnant." Tears welled in Mom's eyes. "This child is a blessing to us. Are you going to tell Adonis?"

I nodded, "he has to know. I need to process this first, before telling him. I'm so overwhelmed."

"Me too," she hugged me, "I'm so happy that you're going to involve Adonis in your pregnancy journey."

"I don't want to deprive him of this child."

The doctor advised me to take a day off. So, I instructed Sheila to go to the office and cancel my appointments for the day. To delegate also some tasks to my finance adviser and managers.

What I did most of the day was sleep and eat. So strange, I was craving for food that I did not like before, like Mung Beans, grapefruit, and olives.

I also read many articles about pregnancy. The diet, the activities, exercises, the stages of life, to baby clothes and books.

The feeling of knowing that I was pregnant was overwhelming. It overjoyed me with happiness. I could not believe that there was a life living inside me. It was like a miracle.

I touched my tummy, caressing gently. My pregnancy would not show yet, but the feeling that my I was carrying a child brought tears in my eyes.

"I'll take care of you, protect you and love you with all my heart. I'm excited to see you soon, my baby."

__

Sheila reported Adonis was in the office waiting for me for hours.

"Torture him a little, after insisting on that divorcing," I said savagely to Sheila. You know what to do, so I'll leave it all up to you."

"Sure I will," she laughed wickedly.

__

Later in the afternoon, Camella arrived carrying a box of doughnuts.

"Oh, you're here," it surprised me to see her, because she was busy in the office.

"Of course! I'm here to celebrate your pregnancy! I'm so happy for you, girl," she hugged me, "the baby will make you feel fulfilled as a woman."

"Yeah, I can't explain my happiness," I rubbed my tummy, though my pregnancy was not evident yet.

"I hope to have my own child also someday, I don't care if I have a husband, or not" she laughed.

Camella was twenty-seven. Four years my senior. Just like me, she wanted freedom and devoted herself to working hard to earn money. Same reason we never had a boyfriend.

"You'll find the right guy. Who knows, he's just at the corner."

Her laugh became louder, "you mean, Christian."

"Why not? You always have this crush on him, before you met him."

"Shh... don't tell him that. It's our secret," she opened the box of doughnut, "come on, have some."

I nodded and ate the doughnut she gave me.

"Your ex-husband was looking for you, and Sheila gave him a hard time," she laughed, "if only you've seen his face, he was so mad. Like smoke coming out from his nostrils."

"I'm torturing him a little for filing that divorce. He insisted that it was the solution to our problem."

"Yeah, he wants you both to start fresh anew."

"He thought we needed a break. So, I'm giving him the break-up he deserves."

"Ouch. But now, things will be different that you're pregnant."

"I know," I heaved a sigh, "I'll give Adonis the biggest surprise soon."

"He WILL BE surprised," her eyes widen, "by the way, have you seen his interview in Good morning America yesterday?"

"No. I don't have time to watch television anymore."

"Actually, I'm very impressed. He and his father created robots and sent them to Mars. They're experimenting with the viability of human beings living on other planets."

"Yeah. His father started it, and now they're really working hard on it."

"They're all over the news now. They implemented their research on robots, and working hand in hand with the government."

Later that evening, I got curious about what Camella said. I watched the recorded video on YouTube of Adonis' interview in Good Morning America.

My heart swelled the moment I saw Adonis. He looked so gorgeous in a white shirt, with the long sleeves rolled on his arm.

Oh, my goodness. I miss him so much.

A famous sexy starlet, Bridget Stone, known to be the fantasy of many men, sitting beside him. She got flirty with Adonis by touching his arm now and then. Her lower lip looked swollen from her frequent biting. Her eyes sent signals, giving him a come and get me look.

I frowned, annoyed at the host's teasing and telling Adonis and the starlet to date live on TV. The fuck! Adonis smiled, not closing the idea.

Anger and jealousy overwhelmed me.

Of course. Adonis could date anyone now that he's free and single. Not to mention one of the most eligible bachelors in the world.

Bridget Stone laughed at what Adonis said.

One of my eyebrows rose. I don't get it. What the hell is funny about that? He just said he enjoys drinking pineapple juice.

She looked awkward, always laughing at nothing funny. But she looked beautiful, especially beside Adonis, who was equally gorgeous.

Any man would want Bridget Stone. Even Adonis. She had a lovely face and sexy body - big breast, slender waist and nice booty.

Dammit. Enough of running away from him. I have to talk to him sooner.

-

We visited grandpa the following day at the rehabilitation center. He was feeling better already. He was in a wheelchair, because he could not move half of his body. But at least, he could talk a little, slowly, with difficulty.

He was happy that I was pregnant. Tears of joy flowed on his cheeks as he rubbed my tummy.

What moved me was. He kept on holding Mom's hand and hugged her. I could feel his love for her as a father. It was just so sad that he had to suffer from a stroke first before he realized his mistakes.