↳ i.iii

The fanfare was evident as Aemon walked through the grounds of the tourney

The fanfare was evident as Aemon walked through the grounds of the tourney. He was still too young for tourneys but he was still able to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere that surrounded all of the knights that were present. He made it to the tent draped in black with a red dragon emblazoned on the front banners. He entered to find his cousin Daemon preparing himself for the joust.

Daemon turned to look at the young boy, he smirked at him before turning back, "You should be in the royal box." Daemon stated as his squire fastened the straps of his jet-black armor.

"It's boring up there," Aemon stated plainly as he began pouring himself a cup of ale. "I have nothing to do but watch."

"I would offer to help sneak you into the lists but I doubt the Queen would appreciate me putting you in danger." Daemon said as the squire completed fastening the armor. Aemon rolled his eyes, "And what would you do if you enlisted? Hmm? Ask the sweet Lady Alicent for her favor?"

"Stop that." Aemon was blunt, he wished his cousin had never pried that name from his lips, however, he wasn't wrong. Aemon felt if he had Alicent's favor, he'd be able to do anything.

"Fine. But you should go." Aemon rolled his eyes as Daemon removed the cup of ale from his hand. Daemon took the boy by the shoulders and gently pushed him out of the tent. Aemon sighed as he was left with nothing to do but return to the box.

As he walked up the steps he was joined by Rhaenyra who leaned over to him, "Mother has begun her labors." She said with a proud smile as Aemon swallowed and she continued up the steps to her seat. He assumed that Rhaenyra hadn't noticed but his face had paled. The memories of his mother shot back into his mind and he steadied himself on the wall as he could hear the King begin to announce the start of the birth.

Aemon took a deep breath as he leaned his back against the wall. His eyes were wide as his breath quickened. He didn't know what was happening to him. He stumbled his way back down the steps as he kept his weight on the walls. No one acknowledged him as he felt like his chest was caving in. He felt like someone had constricted his lungs. His muscles burned as he tried to breathe but he couldn't. He felt the world spinning around him until he felt a hand touch his shoulder.

WRITER'S WHINING ― a short chapter but we get some alicent x aemon content next chapter