↳ ii.ii

Aemon was glad to be on his way home

Aemon was glad to be on his way home. He knew there'd be some type of scolding from Viserys as to the abrupt manner he'd left court but he'd still be welcomed back. That was for certain.

He could not wait to finally sleep in his bed again, he could not wait to see Rhaenyra again, and he simply could not wait to fly over King's Landing again.

Daemon flew ahead of him as they grew closer to King's Landing and Aemon could see the Dragonpit in the distance. He felt Vermithor shifting beneath him, feeling his anxiousness radiate off of him. "I know, boy." He called to the dragon. "We'll be home soon. You'll be with Silverwing in just an hour." The dragon shifted beneath him again at the mention of its mate. It made Aemon laugh as they continued to soar above the sea.

When he'd landed in the Dragonpit, Vermithor was eager for him to dismount and had no problem eagerly entering the tunnels under the pit, probably to make his nest next to Silverwing's again.

Daemon and Meraxes were not far behind and Aemon was already mounted on a horse as Daemon was not as swift leaving his dragon. While Aemon knew that Daemon was eager to get to the castle, he was eager for different reasons. He was eager to show Viserys he was better. That he'd beat the triarchy without help from his big brother, The King, while Aemon was eager to be united with his family.

The ride to the Keep was quicker than Aemon thought it usually was but he figured it was due to his excitement. Daemon, of course, took the lead, Aemon couldn't care less. The sooner Daemon's parading was over, the sooner he could settle back into life at home in King's Landing.

Entering the throne room, Aemon followed his cousin, eyeing the Lords and Ladies who barely paid him a glance as their eyes trained on Daemon strutting before them.

Aemon had spotted Rhaenyra loitering in the crowd but her eyes never met his, they remained solely on Daemon as if she were magnetized to him. Things had changed, Aemon knew this was inevitable but it stung nonetheless as he realized how his leave had caused a rift between himself and his family.

As Daemon approached the throne, Ser Harrold stopped him, drawing his sword and pointing it to his chest but Daemon seemed to not care. He always goaded Ser Harrold or really anyone he could when he could. Daemon raised the Crabfeeder's hammer toward the King before dramatically dropping it to the floor with a loud clatter. "Add it to the chair." He stated before stepping back, a smug look overtaking his face.

The crowd murmured around them, wondering if the King would even respond. Aemon knew he would, Viserys always showed clemency to his family, maybe even too often. Viserys observed his brother's face, eyes briefly flitting over to Aemon and softening before focusing back on Daemon. "You wear a crown. Do you also call yourself King?"

The crowd murmured again as Daemon swayed side to side as he exuded confidence. "Once we smashed the Triarchy, they named me "King of the Narrow Sea." Murmuring ensued again as Aemon suppressed an eye roll. Is this really the man he so idolized? He thought. Was this the man he grew up wanting to be? No. He wanted to be a brave and honorable knight. No trickery, no vanity, just doing what was right. Like his uncle and namesake.