act two

WOE TO THE BETRAYER ― ACT TWO
Turn Your Ear To The Sky

109 AC: THE CONQUEST OF THE STEPSTONES, TO 110 AC: THE WEDDING OF RHAENYRA TARGARYEN

❝ In the three years following the lamentable passing of Queen Aemma, Daemon Targaryen didst declare a fierce war upon the treacherous Stepstones, side by side with the renowned Seasnake, Corlys Velaryon. Whilst the royal court didst forsake support for this conflict, Prince Daemon hath garnered the allegiance of four mighty dragons, including his own. Yet, even devoid of the backing of all seven kingdoms, Daemon Targaryen hath found himself thwarted in his quest to seize the Stepstones.

Although their maritime forces have skillfully ensnared the path to these accursed isles, the men who bear the moniker Crabfeeder persist in their survival by taking refuge within the labyrinthine cave networks that grace the islands. Despite the presence of four formidable dragons, their fiery breath hath proven impotent in penetrating these subterranean depths, and mortal men face insurmountable odds in breaching the cave's sanctuary, for the archers hold sway within.

Now Daemon's desperation mounts, for he yearns to vindicate himself afore his brother's disdainful gaze, by wresting control of the islands and asserting himself as their sovereign lord.

Meanwhile, within the hallowed halls of King's Landing, King Viserys languisheth in profound yearning for the companionship of his brother and cousin. Queen Alicent hath brought forth a male issue, a son named Aegon, whose loyalties many doth question, pondering if he shalt cast his lot with King Viserys or favor the chosen heiress, Rhaenyra.❞

Archmaester Gyldayn, An Archmaester of the Citadel

𝑪 𝑨 𝑺 𝑻