Chapter 6

Darryl/Bbh POV

When I get to school on Tuesday, I expect to see Zak waiting like he said he would, but I can't find him anywhere.

My friend, Antfrost is falling me around, worried. He doesn't say anything, but just pats my shoulder supportivly when seeing how stressed I am.

I text Zak a few times, but when he doesn't respond in ten minutes, I decide to call him. After a few rings, he picks up.

"Hello? What- Who?" Zak sounds like he just woke up.

"Zak! Where are you? School is almost starting!" I shout, annoyed.

"Ngh, my head." He groans. "Darryl, I don't wanna go todayyy. And plus, my friends are here."

"You can't just skip school, you muffin." I scold. "I'm coming to get you."

"...Fine." He hangs up.

I notice Ant is still with me, so I motion for him to keep following.

"You have Zak's number? Zak Ahmed?"

"The very same." I giggle.

Ant's jaw drops. "He's like the most popular kid in school!"

"Yep." I reply, trying to sound casual. "And now we're going to his house."

If Ant could possibly be any more surprised, he is now. Scurrying along, he makes sure to keep up my fast walking pace. After a few minutes, we arrive at the destination.

I knock on the door to no answer, so I try to open it, find it's unlocked, and step inside.

There's a strong stench of alcohol that makes both Ant and I cough. When we step into the living room, I see a group of boys and one girl sprawled across the floor and couch. Zak is closest to me, which makes it easier.

He's asleep again, only one person awake.

They have fluffy, red hair and freckles across their cheeks.

"Who are you?" He says groggily.

"Oh, um, we're friends of Zak's." I say quickly. "He invited us over."

When I say "we", the boy notices Ant standing behind me and smiles, a light pink dusting his cheeks. I look at Ant to see my friend is blushing as well.

I already know Ant is gay, and it seems like the two would make a cute couple.

Knowing Ant, he'll never make a move. I do him a favor by pushing him in front of me and walking away.

Seeing as I didn't leave the room, I can still hear the conversation between the two.

"My name's Velvet, what's yours?" The red haired boy asks.

Ant looks away, embarrassed. "O-oh. My name is Antfrost."

Velvet grins. "That's cute. Can I get your number?"

"S-sure." Ant stutters. I roll my eyes at how awkward he's making this.

I look at my phone to see the time and realize I need to get Zak to school. Somehow, the boy has migrated across the room and was now on the couch. He did all this in his sleep without me noticing.

I roll my eyes as I step over sleeping bodies and shake Zak awake.

He groans, lifts his head and looks around. "What- Where- Oh, hi Darryl."

I try to seem annoyed, but end up laughing. "Good morning. Care to tell me why you were drinking? You're underage and you know you have school."

He frowns, seeming confused. "I'm sorry. I don't know. My friends came over to comfort me and I guess we got carried away?"

He tries to stand up, but ends up just leaning into my chest. "Mmm I'm tired."

"We have school, Zak. Let me get you some painkillers." I pry the boy's arms off of me and head to his kitchen.

Seeing as I've never even been inside Zak's house before, let alone seen where he stores his medicine, I don't really know where to start.

After rummaging through a few cabinets and drawers, I finally find what I'm looking for.

I grab two pills and leave the bottle out for the other boys to find once they wake up.

I find a cup and fill it with water as well before making my way back to Zak.

Luckily, the boy hasn't fallen back asleep yet, he's laying on the couch with the girl I saw earlier.

"Hi there! My name's Rose, it's nice to meet you!" She has a deep voice for a girl.

"Nice to meet you, too. My name's Darryl." I smile.

"That's cool. I know I look like a girl, but I'm actually a guy. I could tell you were surprised by my voice."

I grow embarrassed. "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

He laughs. "No, no, you're fine. I know I dress a little strangely, and my name doesn't help either."

I feel a tug on my sleeve and remember the whole reason I'm here.

Zak hugs my arm and I pull away, holding the pills and glass of water out to him.

He takes it gratefully and swallows the painkillers.

I glance at Rose. "There are more painkillers in the kitchen. They should still be on the counter.

"Thanks, I need those." He salutes and walks away.

I sit next to Zak awkwardly, not really knowing anyone. Ant is still talking to Velvet, and a quick look at them tells me my friend is getting much more comfortable around him.

"So," I start. "Who is everyone?"

"Oh, sorry." Zak points to each person as he speaks. "That boy that kinda looks like me is Geo or Spifey, that's Harvey or TapL, the one with the pug onesie is Aaron or Vurb, that's Jacob or Zelkam, and his boyfriend with the green scarf is Mega. You already know Rose, we sometimes call him Finn. And seeing as he's getting comfortable with your friend over there, I assume you know Velvet?"

"Yup, I know Velvet." I laugh. "My friend is Antfrost."

I let Zak finish his water, and then send him to get dressed. He complains about the hangover, but I just scold him for drinking.

Groaning and walking as slowly as he can, Zak makes his way upstairs. After almost fifteen minutes, he finally comes back, wearing cuffed dark blue jeans and a bright blue hoodie.

By now, all of Zak's friends have woken up.

He complains even more now, because everyone else is staying home for the day.

"C'mon, Darryl." He whines. "I have such a bad headache. And stomach ache. And-"

"I don't wanna hear it. This could have easily been avoided."

He frowns. "My friends get to stay home."

I walk him towards the door. "You aren't your friend, are you?"

"I wish I were." He grumbles under his breath.

"Ant, you coming?" I ask.

He nervously looks away. "I'll join you later. I need a few minutes."

I decide we don't have time to wait for him and drag Zak out the door.

It's only after we're halfway down the street that I realize Ant and Velvet had been holding hands.

○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ●

1187 Words

*End of Chapter 6*

Velvetfrost my beloved <3
Lowkey the best but most underrated ship.

Please vote if you liked this chapter :)

Remember to eat, drink water, and get sleep because you deserve it <3