Chapter 15

Skeppy/Zak POV

I can tell Darryl doesn't really want to watch the movie, but he follows us into the theatre with a smile.

He clings to my arm the whole time we buy the snacks and look for our seats.

Luckily, it's not super bust today, so we're able to get seats all together with a good view of the screen.

While the previews are playing, we all talk about random things, just joking around and not being able to hold a serious conversation.

Eventually, the movie starts and we all grow quiet.

I have to admit, the plot was really interesting, but there were several jump scares that make Darryl hardly able to look at the screen.

As the movie gets to the climax, a particular scare shows and I hear a yelp at my side.

Darryl has buried his face into my hoodie and his hand tightly gripping mine.

I decide to try to comfort him more and lift the arm rest between our seats.

Carefully, I pull the boy into own seat, holding him I'm my arms.

He instinctively wraps his arms around my waist and looks up at my face.

I give a comforting smile and brush hair back from his eyes.

Pressing my lips to his forehead, I whisper, "I told you I'd protect you."

I see him smile and bury his face into my hoodie once again, which is how he sits for the remainder of the movie.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Once the film is over, we step out of the dark room, everyone talking about the end of the movie, how unexpected the twist was.

I want to join in talking with them, but Darryl doesn't seem to want to be in that conversation, so I just hold him in my arms while we finish my popcorn.

Cara comes over to us after a few minutes with a laugh, "Alright, you lovebirds. We were going to go bowling now, if you wanted to join."

Darryl perks up at that and looks at me with a hopeful smile. Unable to resist the look, I agree to go.

Turns out, the others have already bought us a lane. Number 14. And have gotten us our shoes as well.

"How the hell do you guys know my shoe size? I literally have never hung out with you?"

Ant giggles, wrapping an arm around his boyfriend. "Is Velvet not a good enough friend?"

"Oh, I, uh, kinda forgot he was here?"

Velvet glares at me and I just stick out my tongue in return.

Turns out, I suck at bowling.

Now, everyone in our group is terrible, but by the time everyone else had point values in the hundreds, I had point values in the twenties.

Everyone is teasing me, but I'm just laughing along with them.

That is, until I see someone familiar from the corner of my eye.

I turn to see exactly who I thought, George, standing with a small group of people I don't know or recognize.

He sees me at the same time I see him and starts walking towards me. I panic and grab Darryl's arm, trying to leave.

"What's— Oh." He sees George walking towards us. "Ok, let's go."

There's no one who could make me happier in this moment. Not everyone would be willing to leave their plans because their friend feels uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, George catches up to us and blocks my path. Darryl stands in front of me protectively, not in a menacing way, but showing that he wants me to be safe.

Along with George are his friends, three boys. One is standing to his left, wearing a mustard yellow sweater, a beanie, and circular glasses. The two on his right look slightly younger, the blonde haired one with a white shirt with red sleeves, and the brown haired one with a dark green sweater with bees stitched into the top corner.

George smiles weakly, as if he knows I'm weary of him. "Hey Zak. And your name is Darryl, right?"

Darryl nods skeptically.

George takes a breath before continuing. "I just wanted to apologize to you. I knew full well that you and Clay were in a relationship and I still kissed him. I realize how terrible that was, and I just hope you can forgive me."

I look at him surprised, stepping out from behind Darryl. "You're really, truly sorry?"

He just nods. I can see him trying hard to hold back tears, so I don't pry anything else out of him.

"Y'know, you really don't have to worry. I forgave you pretty soon after we broke up. I know you left Clay and have been avoiding him, and I know that you realized you were wrong. I'm glad we can be friends again."

George looks content, and opens his arms for a hug, which I happily accept. When we pull apart, I look at the boys by his side. "So, who are these guys?"

Before George can respond, the boy with the mustard sweater speaks. "We're some of George's old friends. My name is Wilbur, and that's Tommy and Toby." He points at the brown haired one. "But Toby prefers to go by Tubbo."

I nod at each of them. "It's nice to meet you guys. I'd love to talk for longer, but we came here with a few other friends who are probably wondering where we are." I turn to George, "Oh, and by the way, I'm fine if you want to date Clay now. I have someone better."

I wink, and Darryl blushes.

Tommy salutes to us and Tubbo waves as we turn to walk away. George looks like a weight has been lifted off his chest, he seems so much more confident now.

I'm feeling a lot better too. When I first found out about Clay and George, I thought that they would stay together once I was out of the picture.

George was always a much better friend to Clay then I, and it's pretty obvious he likes Clay.

With someone else now, I can see how perfect the two are for each other.

Darryl grabs my wrist, dragging me back to the group.

Everyone is talking and laughing, but as soon as they see us, they stop.

"I saw George following you," Velvet says. "Are you okay?"

Cara, Vincent, and Ant just look worried.

"I'm fine, guys. No need to worry." With a grin, I turn to Velvet. "We actually talked, and made up. He apologized and seemed pretty genuinely sorry."

"Good."

We just stand there awkwardly for a moment, not saying anything, before we get back to bowling.

○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ●

1153 Words

*End of Chapter 15*

This is the start of the wrap-up, so expect a lot of apologies and forgiveness in these next few chapters.

Please vote if you liked this chapter :)

Remember to eat, drink water, and get sleep because you deserve it <3