Chapter 7

Deep house music was vibrating the nightclub establishment that was located in downtown Atlanta

Deep house music was vibrating the nightclub establishment that was located in downtown Atlanta. Elena, the Originals, and her friends were inside, following through on Klaus's plan to draw out Kai and kill him. It was also the night of Bonnie's real birthday, which was actually a few days after the date that was written in her birth certificate. Her father Rudy had had it changed for her own safety.

Everyone was looking hot and dressed to kill. Laser lights kept flashing over the dance floor as Bonnie, Rebekah, and Caroline started dancing under the strobe lights while Klaus, Elena, and Elijah kept a watchful lookout for the Gemini Hybrid from the bar. Elena hung back with the Mikaelson men because it was safer for her. Rebekah and Caroline were vampires, so they were able to protect themselves—and Bonnie had magic powers, but she didn't.

Matt and Jeremy hung back at the lake house because Elijah had said that it would have been too risky if they came. Their lives would have been in danger, since they were human. He didn't even want Elena to tag along because she was human as well, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. She wanted to help. Bonnie was obviously the bait. She knew that as soon as she'd get far enough from that sacred burial ground, Kai would learn of her location and follow her. He had been tracking her, but as long as she stayed at Elena's lake house, she was safe. Now that Bonnie was out in the open, she was vulnerable and worried that she could very well die that night.

Bekah and Caroline were dancing near their friend—not exactly next to her, but close enough to jump in and attack Kai if he showed up. The Bennett witch was wearing a tight black mini dress and pumps. Her ruby red lipstick really complimented her full, sultry lips. Elena had said earlier on that Bonnie looked like a runway model. She really did have the sexiest legs. Bonnie raised her arms in the air and swayed her hips in beat with the music as a cloud of fog crept in beneath her feet, shrouding the dance floor. Caroline and Rebekah suddenly disappeared from her eyesight. Everything was too foggy now to see, and this worried Bonnie. But she followed through with the plan and trusted in her friends to intervene if Kai showed up. Caroline was envious of Bonnie. She was such an amazing dancer; she could have lured any guy to the dance floor, if they had the balls to approach her.

After fifteen minutes of dancing by herself, the DJ faded a second track into the mix as he worked his set… And that's when she heard his voice.

Bonnie.

Kai was speaking to her as if he were right next to her. No one was able to hear each other over the loud music, but his voice was perfectly audible.

I see you, Bonnie.

The fear began to rush through her veins as she kept on dancing.

You don't need to be afraid of me. I'm not going to hurt you.

She heard him loud and clear, but she couldn't trust his intentions.

You look so sexy tonight.