"safety"

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

CHAPTER 6: safety

George stood by the door of the castle. Looking out in the sky as he waited for King Phil to return from his morning flight.

Every morning the king would bring his youngest son (the only one from his sons who inherited his avian side) to flying. When the two royals appeared in the sky, Puffy patted George's shoulder before walking out.

The knight general welcomed the father and son and was quick to usher the young prince inside while George greeted the king.

Phil let out a breath as he accepted the water that George handed him. "It's a nice morning." The young king pointed out.

"It is. Tommy quite liked the sunshine today." Phil replied as he motioned for the two of them to walk. George walked beside the older king as he tried to figure out the right words.

When his father died, he did not get the right amount of teachings on how to deal with royal business but with the help of Alyssa and his knight general he was able to get a hold of things and the Mushroom Kingdom reigned for more years until that night.

"What seems to be troubling your mind son?" Phil asked as he stopped walking and looked at George. The young king sighed and interlaced his fingers behind his back.

"I cannot offer you anything for the mean time your majesty, only loyalty and trust. It pains me to admit but my people and my sister is not fit to leave quite yet. I do not know a place to bring them and have safety-"

"George." Phil cut him off. The young king looked at him. And in Phil's eyes, he felt heartbreak. The young man in front of him stood with chin help up high, proper posture and the appearance of a king. But in his eyes, he saw a young boy left with heavy responsibilities on his shoulders.

The king place a hand on George's shoulder, "There is a reason why I accepted your safe refuge plan. I will not throw you or your people out.

"You and your kingdom has been a great partner of mine. And beyond that, your father was a great friend. I have put it upon myself to let you all stay until you see fit." Phil explained.

George let out a sigh of relief, he nodded, "Thank you."