"bread"

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

CHAPTER 8: bread

Niki was alone in the kitchens that afternoon when Ana decided on giving her a visit. At the time they were staying in the kingdom, the baker was one of the people she got closest to.

"Niki?" Ana asked. The baker hummed and looked up at her as she continued making the dough. "Yes Ana?" she asked.

This prompted the princess to walk in further the kitchen. She watched the pink haired girl knead the dough and she pursed her lips, "Do you mind some company?" she asked.

The baker shook her head, "Oh no, not at all- what are you doing?" she asked as she saw the princess put on Connor's bright blue apron.

"Accompanying you." Ana answered with a grin. "Yes I know that but you don't have to-" "I want to. I miss baking. Please Niki." She said as she batted her eyelashes at the baker.

Niki sighed but nodded, "Alright but refrain from getting too dirty or Alyssa will have my head." She joked making the both of them laugh.

As they finished the dough and shaped them to put in the oven, the girls talked about life. Ana loved hearing about Niki's life.

She dreamed of a simple life like hers. A simple home with friends and the people she loved. Oh how Ana would trade everything for a life like that.

It didn't take long for the bread to finish baking. They had made quite the big batch so Niki invited the princess to share it around the castle.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Their first stop was the magic room where Karl and Quackity were, then to the knights where it led them to the infirmary where Bad welcomed them with open arms.

On the way to the gardens, they bumped into the student sorcerers, the four of them happily taking some bread from the two. As they almost reached the gardens they bumped into Sam and Foolish.

"How are you two?" Ana asked as she gave them some bread. Foolish quickly munched on them as Sam hummed, "The kingdom is beautiful." He said.

The princess chuckled, "I will have to ask the king and queen if they have any builds they need to be finished so you two aren't just getting bored as the days pass." She said.

Foolish thanked her and let the two girls go and find the gardeners. Outside the training room were the three gardeners.

Hannah had heard about a case of mole rats stealing some of the potatoes and bringing them to the hole just below the window of the room.

Boomer was digging away with the help of Connor who seemed to have escaped the clutches of Niki that morning. The two girls were healing some of the plants and vines that were destroyed in the making of the hole of the mole rats.

"Aha!" Boomer yelled out as he pulled out the mole rat just in time for a dagger to be thrown out the open window.

Coincidentally it was thrown in the direction of Niki and Ana. "Ana!" George yelled from the training room but the princess didn't budge but rather moved to the side and caught the dagger.

The two walked to the gardeners as Niki passed them some bread. Ana stood on Tina's stool and handed the dagger to Techno as she leaned on the sill. "Better be safe on where you throw the dagger next time." She joked.

George let out a sigh as he sat down, breathing heavily from training. Techno nodded at her skill as Wilbur stared at her in awe. She tilted her head at him, "You okay Wilbur?" she asked.

Wilbur gulped and nodded, "You have great reflexes." He muttered. She shrugged, "With the state of our kingdom, we all had to learn a few things." She muttered.

He stared at her in awe making her chuckle, "Well I'll leave you princes to do the training, me and Niki have to go and look for Alyssa before the bread becomes cold- Oh! Here you go." She said handing Wilbur some bread.

"Oh-Uh- Thank you." Wilbur said making her smile. She nodded and jumped down the stool as Niki scolded Connor about leaving her in the kitchen. Not seeing the look Wilbur was still giving her.