"escort"

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

CHAPTER 18: escort

Analise sat on the chair in front of her vanity as Alyssa finished up her hair. She was wearing her new yellow poufy dress made especially for her.

It fit perfectly around her chest and waist, the skirt fluffed out even without the presence of a petti coat while the sleeves hung carefully just below her shoulders.

Alyssa was humming an ever-familiar song as she pinned her black hair. The royal servant glanced at the mirror and saw her princess frowning.

She hummed, "Ana..." she trailed. The mushroom princess blinked and looked at her friend through the mirror, "Yes Alyssa?" she asked.

"Something troubling you again? This ball is for you and your brother-" "For us. Everyone in the mushroom kingdom." Ana reminded her.

This merely made Alyssa laugh, "Yes but you don't see me wearing my best dress now do you?" she joked. This successfully made the princess laugh, "Yes, I do believe so." She said before frowning again.

"Alright, what is it?" the blonde asked as she tried to finish up the hair. "Nothing..." Ana trailed. Alyssa let out a chuckle, "I don't think so. Spill." She said smugly as the princess huffed.

It was clear that Alyssa knew Ana like an open book. "Have you heard of- um... anyone being asked by, uh..." she mumbled the rest of the sentence.

This prompted Alyssa's lips to form a teasing smile, "What was that princess? I couldn't quite get that." She asked, not sparing a glance at Ana who huffed again. "Has- um- Wilbur asked anyone to the ball?" she asked quietly.

Alyssa finally looked back at her, she smiled, "I don't think so." Ana let out a sigh of relief, "But I cannot understand why you didn't just ask him, there's nothing wrong with a lady asking a man-" "You say that because you asked Callahan." Ana whined.

"Alright that may be, but still." Alyssa said. This made the princess quiet, she did not know why she didn't ask. It was evident that she wanted to go to the ball with the prince. And Alyssa was quite right, there was nothing wrong with a woman asking a man out.

A quiet knock was heard which prompted Alyssa to move back and admire her work. "Perfect." She whispered which made Ana chuckle, "You say that every time." "And every time I am right."

Alyssa helped Ana up from the chair, fixing her skirt before walking to the door and opening it. It revealed to be her escort, wearing a nice dress shirt and pants.

The blonde girl crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at him. This prompted him to scoff, "I am on time." He argued before she could even speak. "I-" "Alright stop it. Callahan must be waiting for you Lyssa." Ana said.

Bidding her goodbyes to her princess, Alyssa walked away still humming the tune as she turned a corner. Ana hummed and turned to him, "Thank you for asking me." She said with a smile.

He chuckled and offered his arm, "Of course Ana." He said. Ana chuckled and nodded before looping her arm around his as they started to walk to the ballroom.

"But you didn't have to. You could have asked G-" "The answer would have been no." He cut her off. Ana sighed, "Stubborn as always. Can't see past everything to see you feel the same." She said as she looked at him.

Looking down at her, still with her heels, he stood taller than her. "Well, I can still hope can I?" he asked. Ana smiled and patted his arm, "Of course. Who can resist the charm of that is Dream." She joked.

This brought out a laugh from him before the two stood in front of the door that awaited to welcome them.